PDA

View Full Version : New To Series 2 Hacking ( Details )

gunmetalblues
05-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Okay ! So I've read the thread several times... But I still have a few questions. ( Praying Mr. Black Can Help me out here )

#1. I have purchased update disks for my series 2. 2 disks at 120gigs are shipped "virgin" to me.

- so i guess i need to make backup images of both disks

- so is there any way to tell which version of the os they ship with

- can i only use the version ( 3.1 ) mentioned in the thread, is 3.2 doable

#2. With this config ( 2disks ) is there anything I might need to do differently than what is documented in the thread

#3. Here's my last question, which should go to a differnt thread, but you probably know the quick answer. I have recorded a number of programs to my original disk... I wish to extract them. Is it possible to boot into Linux and simply copy these files to a fat partition ? Or am I screwed because I didn't intsall the "descrambler" app ?

Thanks so much ( in advance )

mrblack51
05-06-2003, 09:34 PM
1) if they are "virgin", then they should be blank, and therefore have nothing to backup. i have no idea how these disks are setup, so the thread means nothing to your setup

2) i have no idea how these disks are setup, so the thread means nothing to your setup

3) you cannot extract programs from a tivo which has not had the noscramble patch applied first (unless the tivo is a stand alone unit)

gunmetalblues
05-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Sorry Mr. Black. The drives are not virgin. They are shipped with a variant of 3.1 or 3.1 . I presume that A is configured to see B. I say that they are virgin, because I have not intalled the new drives... Ordinarily, I install, they update themselves, then they are fine... What I meant is that they have not been installed yet... Could you please answer the first two questions. Thanks for your answer to the third...