PDA

View Full Version : Utv 2nd tuner/ My Shows problem!

Da Flash
05-08-2003, 12:40 PM
I have 2 Utvs one tuner plays fine but, anytime I try to watch PIP the 2nd tuner's picture has these little green flashes that make watching that tuner very irritating, this also happens when I try to watch a recorded show, there's this green "crystalization" that covers either half the picture or the entire picture (most of the time it's half the screen) One of the ird's got the 3.7 update but the other is still at 3.5 so I doubt if that's what's causing it.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!!

Da Flash
05-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Ok I've narrowed it down to a bad tuner (when I switch the cables the problem moves to the other tuner!)

Anyone know where to send the ird to get the tuner repaired??

watching
05-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Da Flash
Ok I've narrowed it down to a bad tuner (when I switch the cables the problem moves to the other tuner!)

When you say the problem moves to the other tuner do you mean the opposite tuners fails when running System Test? If that's the case then your UTV is fine.

You have a bad cable, connector, multiswitch, or LNB.

If it stays with the same tuner, then you have serious trouble. Try elevating the unit & improving your cooling immediately.

Da Flash
07-14-2003, 09:13 AM
For what it's worth, cooling did fix one of the ird's but the other one still has a problem. When I switch cables/tuners the problem stays with the bad tuner. The question I have now is, when I open the utv ird, is the tuner the junction that the cable screws onto, or are they the little chrome boxes located just under the cable fittings??

David Bought
07-14-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Da Flash
For what it's worth, cooling did fix one of the ird's but the other one still has a problem. When I switch cables/tuners the problem stays with the bad tuner. The question I have now is, when I open the utv ird, is the tuner the junction that the cable screws onto, or are they the little chrome boxes located just under the cable fittings??

If you're not sure of the difference between a tuner IC and a coax connector, you really shouldn't even have the cover off, because you're going to screw something up or electrocute yourself. Guaranteed.

The people who can fix your unit can be reached at 580-634-0261 (for RCA UTVs). I believe their hours are mon-fri 8am-8pm EST.

Da Flash
07-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by David Bought
If you're not sure of the difference between a tuner IC and a coax connector, you really shouldn't even have the cover off, because you're going to screw something up or electrocute yourself. Guaranteed.

The people who can fix your unit can be reached at 580-634-0261 (for RCA UTVs). I believe their hours are mon-fri 8am-8pm EST.

Well I didn't know the difference a coax connector and a tuner IC, but I think I do now! Thanks for the info and advice. I was thinking (I know first mistake!) that it MIGHT be a desolder (from old broken unit) and resolder to the other unit but, after reading your reply, I think I'll give them a call

By the way how long have you, errr...... they been in business:D j/k!!!