PDA

View Full Version : Authoring and Editing

Meathead
05-08-2003, 10:14 PM
I can extrcat the tystreams using Tytool6r2, Multiplex to .m2v and .m2a files. I have tried DVDPatcher to patch the first header to 720x480...run Spuceup. It shows nothing on the progress bar. Crahes, gives a GOP error. I patch back to 480x480, run Spruceup does the same thing, no progress and crashes.

I must be missing a step somewhere. I cannot get Spruceup to work at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Meat

fixn278
05-09-2003, 08:51 AM
If Spruceup crashes with a GOP or Temporal Reference error, then there is an error in the extraction that it can't handle. It is usually the result of a poor/weak sat signal or a less-than-legit dtv subscription.

I think Tystudio gets around this, or use the TMPGEnc DVD tool that JJBliss posted information about a few days ago.

05-09-2003, 09:16 AM
I wish people who don't have the slighest idea what they are talking about wouldn't post.

Tytools6r3 (if you do cuts) will crash Spruceup. The files that tytools produce are not completely standard. Has NOTHING TO DO with weak sat signal or "special" cards.

All of the tools are still beta and won't work with every combination.

Originally posted by fixn278
If Spruceup crashes with a GOP or Temporal Reference error, then there is an error in the extraction that it can't handle. It is usually the result of a poor/weak sat signal or a less-than-legit dtv subscription.

I think Tystudio gets around this, or use the TMPGEnc DVD tool that JJBliss posted information about a few days ago.

captain_video
05-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Tytools6r3 (if you do cuts) will crash Spruceup.

You can't import muxed files into SpruceUp at all. It will only accept elemental streams. Edited files from TyTool6r3 will only produce a muxed mpeg file that SpruceUp won't accept. Currently, only TyStudio will both edit and produce elemental streams for use with either SpruceUp or DVD Maestro. The original post indicated that the split, not muxed (this was erroneously stated but I knew what you meant), streams extracted and split with TyTool are crashing in SpruceUp due to GOP temporal reference errors and has nothing to do with edited files.

Meathead, you should try using tydemux to split the ty file if you're getting GOP errors in SpruceUp. You can extract in Tystream mode using TyTool and then try splitting using the standalone tydemux utility but you may be better off extracting and splitting to elemental streams with TyStudio for better compatibility with the extracted ty files.

I'm in agreement with newbie on the weak signal/access card statement as this has nothing to do with the SpruceUp issue.

fixn278
05-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by newbie
I wish people who don't have the slighest idea what they are talking about wouldn't post.

Tytools6r3 (if you do cuts) will crash Spruceup. The files that tytools produce are not completely standard. Has NOTHING TO DO with weak sat signal or "special" cards.

All of the tools are still beta and won't work with every combination.

Maybe you should take a deep breath before posting, maybe a valium would help.

Now, back on topic...

1st) At no point does Meathead say anything about cuts, so nothing should lead you or anyone else to believe it is cut related. It is possible, but not stated.

2nd) A bad stream can and will cause this type of error in Spruceup. I am not guessing, I know because I have dealt with this issue many times before.

3rd) The bad stream can be caused by a few things, one of them being a poor sat signal, and another being the 'stutter' in video signal from an emulation setup. I have experienced the first myself, and the second I have read about many times in this very site.

As far as accuracy, I guess if Meathead tries the methods I suggested (the second being the one I have used myself), we will know if I have a clue...

Now, back to your comment... you have the right to disagree with what I am saying. Maybe you don't understand, or maybe I don't understand. The point it is, whether or not you agree with me, your comment was uncalled for and just plain rude. If you didn't agree with me, you should have plainly said "I don't agree", stated your case and moved on. I have more than a 'slight idea' of what I am talking about. Whether or not my post is completely accurate, I was trying to help someone who asked a question as I have done more than a few times in the past.

Edited out rude comment since I don't want to turn this thread into a flame-fest.

Fugg
05-09-2003, 10:45 AM
at the risk of sounding like one of those "people who don't have the slighest idea what they are talking about"...

Originally posted by captain_video
You can't import muxed files into SpruceUp at all.
Spruceup will accept muxed mpegs.
That's how I make dvd's.

tytool to get the ty
vsplitmux2c for the elementals
mplex to mux & offset
tmpgenc to edit
spruce to image
burn a dvd

after following koreth's instructions to patch spruceup to accept 480x480 files without crashing,
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23089
...I don't even have to patch the headers anymore.
:cool:

Meathead,
What are you using to mux the elementals back together?
(woops! on a second read, looks like whatever your doing ends up with elementals!)

I've never seen spruceup fuss about the size of gop's, even if they were way too big. I've seen errors about the gop sequence being hosed up, but I've only seen those when I try to use any other muxers than tmpgenc or mplex, or try to edit using anything other than tmpgenc's merge and cut.

...or have a stream that was recorded when it was raining hard (aka, the dreaded "holes")....

Meathead
05-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to try the suggested ways listed here. I will post my results.

05-09-2003, 04:59 PM
fixn278--Sorry, I think I was a little harsh in my post. My point: it has been posted several times (by CV and others) that files that originated from Tytools6r3 have a consistent problem with Spruce-up.

I objected to your implication that his problem was from using a less than legit card. I have a (legit subscribed) P4 card and can assure you that this problem has nothing to do with his card.

Fugg
05-09-2003, 09:35 PM
- oops! redundant... -

fixn278
05-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by newbie
fixn278--Sorry, I think I was a little harsh in my post. My point: it has been posted several times (by CV and others) that files that originated from Tytools6r3 have a consistent problem with Spruce-up.

I objected to your implication that his problem was from using a less than legit card. I have a (legit subscribed) P4 card and can assure you that this problem has nothing to do with his card.

I wasn't implying that he was anything less than legit. I was just listing some possibilities. I don't doubt that Tytool6r3 has these problems, but GOP errors crashing Spruceup were around well before that revision of Tytool, so it isn't the only possibility.

Just trying to give him as much information as I had.

Meathead
05-10-2003, 03:49 PM
OK. I still can't get spruceup to open anything. I have tried to get the Tystreams from Tystudio, but when I try to "open now showing" it can't find the Tivo. I have tried the IP address and the host name. I am running tserver. I asume this is right? I have no problems with Tytools getting Tystreams and/or Elemental streams. Unfortunaltely, I cannot get those files to work in Spruceup.

On a side note, TMPEnc DVD Author works great. Hopefully soon it will have AC3 capability.

I am going to try Fugg's way:
tytool
vsplitmux2c
tmpgenc
spruceup
burn

Meat

Fugg
05-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Ya left out the muxing part!

tytool
vsplitmux2c
mplex
tmpgenc
spruceup
burn

although, you can use tmpgenc's simple mux to mux the mpa/mpv (or m2a/m2v) files into a mpeg, if ya want. it works either way.

Good Luck!

JJBliss
05-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Meathead

On a side note, TMPEnc DVD Author works great. Hopefully soon it will have AC3 capability.

TMPGENC does have AC3 capability. I just did it this morning. 8 Mile with Dolby Digital 5.1 using TMPGENC DVD Author

No problem

Meathead
05-10-2003, 08:45 PM
You are correct. My mistake. I have been playing with so many programs that I forgot which one is which!