PDA

View Full Version : DVD Authoring

galland2k
05-10-2003, 06:53 PM
I am sure that this has been talked about, but I can't seem to find a DVD athoring software that will all me make a good burn from the Tivo Files.

My Tivo is hacked, and I use Tystudio to convert the file to an mpg on my pc. But both SpruceUP and Studio 8 don't like the mpg files.

They play fine in PowerDVD. Please help

mw2000
05-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Have you tried tmpgenc? I understand there is now a sister program called tmpgenc dvd author which takes the output from tmpgenc and writes all the files you need to burn a fully operable dvd.

I'm only going from the blurb and have not actually tried this yet but maybe it's worth a look?

captain_video
05-13-2003, 08:17 AM
SpruceUp requires elemental streams instead of MPEGs. Change the output from TyStudio to provide elemental streams, patch the 1st header to 720x480, and import into SpruceUp. Let it build a set of preview files and then patch the header back to 480x480. You may or may not get an error message about the last bit of audio but you can ignore that. SpruceUp will usually generate an error after it finishes importing the audio file and will "crash". Patch the header back to 480x480 at this point and then re-import the m2v file. It should import with no errors the 2nd time. Now you can add your menus and chapter stops. Preview the finished project in the Simulate window and then save the project. Write it to a title set and then burn it in Nero using UDF/ISO mode.

keith721
05-13-2003, 09:58 AM
You can hex-edit a single byte in a SpruceUp DLL file to remove the header patching requirement. It saves quite a bit of time and effort, prevents the crashing, and works great with my SA streams on WinXP Pro. :)

Find the thread here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23089)

kford
06-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by mw2000
I understand there is now a sister program called tmpgenc dvd author which takes the output from tmpgenc and writes all the files you need to burn a fully operable dvd.

I'm only going from the blurb and have not actually tried this yet but maybe it's worth a look?

I have both TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc Author. They are great and it is the first solution that I've found that really works for me. The one thing is that you need a separate piece of software that will actually do the writing on to your DVD. TMPGEnc Author only creates an image.

However TMPGEnc does not take that long to run, creates great menus and makes editing the MPG to remove commercials and other unwanted stuff a snap.

My Process:
TyStudio -> TMPGEnc Pro -> TMPGEnc Author -> Pinncale Instand DVD (to write it to disk).

I've been using this stuff with nary a problem. I really like that TMPGEnc can us the capabilities of one of my dual proc systems

Thanks,

Kevin

captain_video
06-05-2003, 08:50 AM
SpruceUp requires elemental streams instead of MPEGs.

I have recently learned that this statement was in error so I apologize for the misinformation. SpruceUp will accept mpeg files as well as elemental streams, although I've never been able to get one to import that was created by either TyStudio or TyTool. I believe TyTool is doing something to the headers that SpruceUp doesn't like. I usually don't have a problem importing elemental streams made with vsplit (i.e. the Parse File option in TyTool) except for an occasional GOP temporarl reference error. I usually use tydemux for my splitting chores as it tends to fix these errors and allow the streams to import cleanly.