PDA

View Full Version : hdrv2 4.0 image

dogbreath
05-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Has anyone posted a downloadable 4.0 image for the HDVR2?

mrblack51
05-13-2003, 05:29 PM
as far as i know, there is no 4.0 for the hdvr2, so i doubt anyone has posted an image of it

harp
05-16-2003, 02:20 PM
V4.0 is running on most S2's.

Thorvald
05-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Read his message .... HDVR2 .... that is a DirecTivo S2, not a standalone S2.

There is no known 4.0 for the HDVR2 / DirecTivo's.

When there is, please scream!

MuscleNerd
11-04-2003, 02:10 PM
4.0 can be run on the HDVR2's and DSR7000's. Scotty79 announced it in the newbie forum, and I've started a "tips" thread here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29020)

computerhighguy
11-04-2003, 04:57 PM
You can download an 4.0 image from www.tivostuff.com. Look in the download directory. That is where I got my 4.0 image from and it works GREAT!!! Now if I could just get a 4.01 image, I would be in business.

MuscleNerd
11-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Why would you *want* 4.01? All it does is add TV-Guide branding over all the screens. Stick with 4.0 on your DTivo.

MuscleNerd
11-04-2003, 05:03 PM
(also, that trailing period got stuck in your link, and anyone clicking on it won't get the real site).

hpmailman
11-04-2003, 07:48 PM
If I used 4.0 on my HDVR2, would the video be encrypted?

Could I use subfix to prevent calls while still having network access to the DTIVO with 4.0?

computerhighguy
11-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by MuscleNerd
(also, that trailing period got stuck in your link, and anyone clicking on it won't get the real site).

Doesn't 4.01 support folders?

computerhighguy
11-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by hpmailman
If I used 4.0 on my HDVR2, would the video be encrypted?

Could I use subfix to prevent calls while still having network access to the DTIVO with 4.0?

Yes, but a well placed printf and kmem statement would take care of it. Fixsub is a script and therefore will work on the 4.0 software level. The hacks for a SA S2 ver. 4.0 will work on a HDVR2 with 4.0 OS.

MuscleNerd
11-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by computerhighguy
Doesn't 4.01 support folders?
Yeah but so does 4.0.

The *only* thing 4.01 adds is the TV-Guide logo branding.

computerhighguy
11-04-2003, 08:41 PM
I've been running 4.0 for weeks. How do I enable the folders?

MuscleNerd
11-04-2003, 08:46 PM
With either the "1" or "2" key when you're viewing the Now Showing list. One of them enables folders, the other chooses between alphabetical order and by-date order.

dogbreath
11-05-2003, 04:11 PM
If you have monte working with this particular installation, which kernal and file system did you use? Do I need to use the kmem patch for SAS2? Please clarify.

dogbreath

MuscleNerd
11-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by dogbreath
If you have monte working with this particular installation, which kernal and file system did you use? Do I need to use the kmem patch for SAS2? Please clarify.
First, let's be clear: you don't need to use monte to use this image. You do need it if you want to do things on it like tivoweb or extraction.

That being said...any programs or kmem addresses published for 4.0 on SAS2 would work for 4.0 on DTivo.

NutKase
11-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by computerhighguy
I've been running 4.0 for weeks. How do I enable the folders?

Jeez, MuscleNerd is very relaxed... :)

This is on the info screen.

:)

NutKase

NutKase
11-05-2003, 11:16 PM
I know this is a new functionality on the HDVR2 but 'most' or maybe all of the guidance for the SA S2 series tivos will apply - since, you're using software released for SA S2 tivos.

NutKase

dogbreath
11-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Thanks NutKase.

dogbreath

MuscleNerd
11-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by MuscleNerd
The *only* thing 4.01 adds is the TV-Guide logo branding.
My bad. 4.0.1 also introduced the grid guide style for the standalones (though the DVD SA tivos now out at 5.2 don't support grid style yet -- go figure)

mmoore99
11-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Will Sleeper's scripts for monte work on a DTivo that has been upgraded to the 4.x software?

Please see the quote below from his faq regarding using backup images.

If his scripts will not work, what is the best method for installing monte and the other hacks on an upgraded DTivo?

Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote frpm Sleeper's faq:
RECOMMENDATIONS
Make sure that you start with your ORIGINAL hard drive

Make sure that the drive has the LATEST software version and is completely UNHACKED.

Make sure that the unit is subbed and the DVR service is working.

Make sure that your original drive is not a restore of a previous backup. Something is very funny about backing up and restoring a drive that has already been restored with mfsbackup. I can't put my finger on it but I think that the swap gets messed up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rpl
11-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Yes his ISO will do the monte hack for you with 4.0. Just skip the backup and restore sections, run the surgery and hacks. Make sure you select SA when it asks you about Ethernet.

Put the HD back into your Tivo and you'll have a monte 4.0 DTivo with bash, telenet, and tivoftp.

Joe doesn't work with his ISO, I believe it was compiled to run from the /var/hack/etc directory. I put the mips compiled version in that directory and it works.

I then edited my rc.sysinit.author. First I changed the name of the log the file creates to author.log, then commented out the network driver section, you don't need it, 4.0 will load everything you need. Then I commented out the commands to start MFS_FTP, SPS30, and Sort. Added some echo commands to see when the file starts and ends as well as when other hacks are ran.

Then you have to do the tivoapp modification to play your unscrambled recordings.

Went back to the tivo menu setup-phone and network and established a static address and then put this address into my routers configuration to keep it from connecting over the internet.

mmoore99
11-30-2003, 03:04 AM
rpl.

Thanks for the reply. One other question...did you disable automatic updates in order to keep a new version from being sent down via the satellite? If so, how did you do that?

rpl
11-30-2003, 01:45 PM
I went back and followed the older posts on commenting out the sections in rc.sysinit that deals with upgradeSoftware. Renaming the updateSoftware.tcl file should also work. The only possible problem I see is that the upgrade could put in a new updateSoftware.tcl file. I also enabled backdoors by just setting debug board=true in the rc.sysinit file.

NutKase
11-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by rpl
I also enabled backdoors by just setting debug board=true in the rc.sysinit file.

Did I just hear you say you enabled backdoors? I wonder if that will work on 4.01? Didn't you have to patch tivoapp?

NutKase

rpl
11-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by NutKase
Did I just hear you say you enabled backdoors? I wonder if that will work on 4.01? Didn't you have to patch tivoapp?

NutKase No I haven't didn't get around to doing anything to tivoapp except the no scramble. I just simply set the debug board=true in rc.sysinit

NutKase
11-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by rpl
I just simply set the debug board=true in rc.sysinit

And what backdoors did this give you?

NutKase