PDA

View Full Version : Newbie extraction Linksys problem...please help!!!!

badbrad1970
05-13-2003, 09:07 PM
I'm a total newbie, so bare with me. I have a linksys BEFSR41 router and I installed a turbonet ethernet card in my Tivo series 1. I can make my daily calls perfectly. The problem is that I want to extract video. I downloaded and installed TyStudio. I connect to my router in my web browser and go into the dhcp client table and I show my 2 pc's and this.... 192.168.1.100 00-0B-AD-35-C9-64 . I assume this is my tivo. The client hostname is blank. When I put this IP address in TyStudio it doesn't see it. Now I don't know what else to do. Someone please help me.

VideoJedi
05-13-2003, 11:26 PM
As a newbie myself, nice to meet you. I have the exact same equipment as you and just learned how to do the extraction yesterday after I installed my Turbonet card. In my Linksys router config I have the DHCP enabled and to start at 192.168.1.112. On my network I use static IPs for the machines. When I connected my Tivo I figured there's a dang good chance the IP would default to 192.168.1.112 and it did.

As for extraction. I followed this page below. The extract works perfectly, but not for my older 2+ year-old shows I want to extract. I'm still looking for a way to manipulate those. For anything recently recorded in the last year I haven't had any problems extracting those shows.

http://tipster.stormrad.com/tivo/extraction.html

I found these instructions really easy to follow. hope you will too.

ID_MAn
05-13-2003, 11:42 PM
A couple of questions:

Did you ftp over the software for TyStudio that needs to be installed on the Tivo? TyStudio is 2 parts. The client (your PC), and the server (the Tivo). Both need to be installed and working

Are you running noscramble?

captain_video
05-14-2003, 08:12 AM
You have to run noscramble if you plan on doing any extracting. Scrambled videos will not extract.

badbrad1970
05-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Hey, ID_MAn. Does that sound like the right address for my tivo? Also, what do I use for the port and id and password when I ftp to it?

itopia
05-14-2003, 09:47 AM
When you FTP into your Tivo just ignore the username and password as its not needed.