PDA

View Full Version : Blocking 3.7

del
05-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Is there a way to block the 3.7 upgrade?:confused:

GodKilla
05-19-2003, 02:24 AM
There are a couple ways I can tell you RIGHT NOW...

1st. (and cheapest) Is to schedule a show to record every morning during the download time of 3.7 upgrade... (around Midnite to 2 a.m.) That will prevent, for now, your UTV from downloading the upgrade.

2nd. (and most reliable) Is to purchase an Appliance timer. I have my UTV plugged into this appliance timer and it is set to turn off power to my UTV at midnite, and turn power back on to my UTV at 6 am. This is the method I would recommend as it is working for alot of people and appliance timers are about $7.00 bux at the hardware store... (well worth it!)

:) Good Luck!

sneeze
05-24-2003, 11:39 PM
It seems to me you could just block the update by leaving your phone list disconnected. I don't believe it can take the update via the satellite, can it?

GodKilla
05-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Your UTV will still download the update via the satellite, unless you do what I posted above. There is no other way at the moment to retain the ver. 3.5 software. Of course there is a way to return to the 3.5 software if your UTV has indeed taken the new 3.7 upgrade, but that is another thread altogether. ;)

kobe
05-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Also, if you're using an HU card, the unit will not take the upgrade...for now.

GodKilla
05-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Your unit will take the upgrade with a HU in it. :(

OnnieCay
05-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Godkilla, do you know if the hu upgrade was based on CAM ID or IRD ID? Are you one of the Pegasus users who hadn't received new cards yet?

GodKilla
05-27-2003, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure if you are asking me about the HU to P4 card upgrade, or the 3.5 to 3.7 UTV upgrade. I will assume you are talking about the UTV upgrade.. ;) First, off no I am not a pegasus user. Second, the UTV upgrades are sent down by using both Hu Cam ID and UTV unit ID. They are both linked in Directv's data bases. (assuming you are a subscriber ;) ) The reason we are hearing of some people getting the upgrade, and and some are just now getting the upgrade... and some still havn't is just because of thier Utv's have a recording scheduled during the upgrade time as mentioned in the post above.... BUT I ASSURE YOU ALL, Directv will be changing the schedule of the upgrade download VERY SOON so he can try to upgrade a few more of those UTV's with the recording conflicts... Of course the upgrade will probably be limited to VERY early A.M.

Sooooo..... If you STILL want to keep your UTV at 3.5.... BUY A APPLIANCE TIMER. ;)

good luck!

techno
05-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Godzilla,

DO you know if UTV unit will upgrade if unit is turned on, ie. while watching a show? For Dishnetword receivers, upgrade only happens when unit is turn off.

thx

OnnieCay
05-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Units won't upgrade while viewing or recording a show (at least for now). When UTVs are off they are actually in standby mode and will upgrade. Only pulling power or Sat connection will disable upgrades.