PDA

View Full Version : confused

lnbfree
05-20-2003, 03:51 AM
OK I have read and read and searched and dowloaded and now I'm more confused then ever. I think I have it narrowed down to a few questions.

I have a Tivo series 2 stand alone unit model # TDC140060 not DirecTivo and I see a lot of post refering to HDVR2 are they one in the same?

My software version is 2.0.3-02-2-1fo is this a good or bad thing and why?

Does my prom need to be changed or can it be hacked and what chip is the prom

How are you hooking the Tivo up to get the first file into the unit or is this done with the drive in a PC first and then the communication is done how?

I have a load of files that I downloaded I'm guessing a lot of them are for series one and or Directivo what ones do I need?

Sorry for sounding so "newbe" ish but I think I am suffering from information overload that and I do this stuff in the middle of the night.

Logandros
05-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Your questions are waaaay to vague so I will answer ones that I can:

1. No they are not the same

2. Bad thing, you need an earlier version that can get a BASH.

3. Not sure on your unit.

4. Drive in the PC. By restoring a downloaded image to your TIVO drive or to a new drive to replace your TIVO drive.

5. Too vague.

Good luck ... read .. read .. read!

lnbfree
05-20-2003, 12:47 PM
OK that clears up a few things thank you logandros. Can anyone else assist on:

What version should I have?

2a

When speaking of versions should I look at the 2.0 part of the number as series 2 and start with the 3-02-2-1fo as the number in question? I thought I had a real early version because I see a lot of talk of ver 3 and above

Can someone else take a stab at #3 If anyone needs photos I can provide just let ne know what you need

2old2play
05-20-2003, 01:32 PM
All these questions can be answered by reading. I got into TivO only a month or two ago and was able to get all the info I needed in about a week. Look around, search the forums, read the facts, and then when you are stuck on something spacific, ask people in here and I'm sure they will help. Hand outs are no fun. I asked for them and it got me no where.

mrblack51
05-20-2003, 08:39 PM
lnbfree: your version should be hackable via the bash_env hack. is this good or bad? you decide. 3.x has some stability advantages, and i think it has a few new features.

logandros: sorry bud, but you are incorrect about your response to question 2. 2.0.3 is a lower version than 3.2.0, so it should support the bash_env hack.

Logandros
05-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Good catch mrblack51 thanx for the correction.

;)

mrblack51
05-20-2003, 10:58 PM
3) the prom will need to be desoldered and flashed/replaced if you want to use a copy of the tivo software which doesnt have the bash_env hole. the chip usually has a white sticker on it.