PDA

View Full Version : No scamble mod or not? does it depend on what Tivo you have?

pauljd70
05-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Hi,

I have been following the posts on noscramble.o etc.

Do you need this if you are using a series 1 SA Tivo, or is it specifically for series 2. I have used TYStudio and I can see the extracted stuff OK in Media player.. I have another problem but that for a different post.

What is the effect of having noscramble loaded as opposed to not haveing it?

Cheers

Paul

lmurray
05-20-2003, 06:04 PM
SA boxes don't need the noscramble.o file. Dtivo stores the mpgs scrambled, and thus the need for noscamble.o

-lloyd-

mrblack51
05-20-2003, 07:45 PM
lmurray is correct. also, hdvr2 and other s2 dtivos can't use noscramble.o or the kernel patches posted for the s1. instead, they need to use the kmem patch

mgithens
05-26-2003, 11:26 PM
So far I have installed the Turbonet, 120GB drive all with success... Now I can telnet, ftp, etc... I downloaded the latest Tytools and did the install. Now I can run the TyStudio Editor and can see the "now showing" list, but that is as far as I can get. One thing I have noticed is that the indexing is not occuring as I understand it is supposed to.

Is this were the noscramble comes into play??

(Keep in mind that I have the DirecTivo)

I must say that I am pretty tech literate, not a big Linux user, but I can usually manage... and this is a pretty difficult thing to figure out.

mrblack51
05-26-2003, 11:36 PM
as stated previously in this (very short) thread, if you have a dtivo and want to extract the video off of it, then you must run noscramble or one of the equivilents

captain_video
05-27-2003, 08:13 AM
One addendum to the above comments: You MUST activate a noscramble module BEFORE you record any shows or you won't be able to extract them. If the shows are recorded with scrambling still active there's currently no way to extract or unscramble them after the fact.