PDA

View Full Version : Tytool locks up my tivo

waxhawsam
05-29-2003, 07:54 AM
Hey all,
So I installed Tytool 5 on my phillips Dtivo , and tried to do and extraction, it starts then locks the tivo. I have to power cycle it to get it back, it also seems to be locking it up when not in use. I came back from a 4 day VK to find my tivo again locked.

Any Ideas???

Waxhawsam

captain_video
05-29-2003, 08:40 AM
First of all, why are you using TyTool 5? That version is grossly outdated and has been replaced by several iterations of TyTool6 and now TyTool7 (currently at TyTool7r2). Second, TyTool should not be causing your DTivo to lock up when not in use. There's nothing added to rc.sysinit or any other boot files that would initiate tserver_mfsx at bootup. You have to manually initiate tserver_mfsx on your DTivo prior to performing any extractions. The tserver_mfsx script terminates when you end the telnet session so unless you keep an active telnet session running all the time there's something else that's causing your DTivo to lock up. I have seen it cause a DTivo to reboot unexpectedly during extraction but that's usually because the DTivo gets overloaded and cries Uncle if you've got other processes running at the same time.

waxhawsam
05-29-2003, 10:41 AM
So I downloaded and installed tytool6r3, same problem, tivo still locks up after it starts to download....could it be that I am using an airnet card instead of a turbonet card??

Waxhawsam

captain_video
05-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Try putting your DTivo into standby prior to downloading. The buffers are still processing video data while the DTivo is tuned to an active channel so both tuners are sending data to the hard drive to be recorded while the extraction is taking place. Putting the DTivo in standby stops the buffering process and frees up a lot of resources.