PDA

View Full Version : Curious Question

Rx 7 Playboy
05-29-2003, 04:12 PM
I don't know anything about the tivo but the basics, but is there a way to just rip the stuff off the hdd of the tivo to the computer or do you have to download it all. Everyone I have talked to said you have to actually download it and with my connection it will take forever. Could you just take the hdd and put it in my computer and copy it over or use the tivo's ethernet port and hook it to the computer like a network? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

captain_video
05-29-2003, 09:22 PM
The standard method of transferring files from a Tivo to a PC is via a Turbonet (hardwired) or Airnet (wireless) ethernet adapter that installs in the Tivo. The data is extracted via your home network connection to your PC. Turbonet is much faster than Airnet and is relatively simple to install and set up. Try reading through the DTivo Hacking FAQ in the main DirecTV Tivo Hacking Forum. It's got the basics on Turbonet and file transfers for both SA and DTivos.

05-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Do a search someone (I think Alpha Wolf) posted the procedure to do a direct extraction. Really a PITA to have to pull the hard drive every time you want to do an extraction.