PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems

DiGNAN17
05-31-2003, 12:18 AM
I have a question: will failed/interrupted TyStudio downloads break my connection to Tivo? All of a sudden, I can't telnet, FTP, or access Now Showing. Everything was running perfectly fine last night, and nothing really happened since then aside from a failed TyStudio download this morning.

So, any idea what could cause this? I've restarted a couple times, and though the programs should start automatically, they don't seem to be working. The last thing I want to do is to take that hard drive out again.

DiGNAN17
05-31-2003, 12:52 PM
Please help! I just tried dialing out and that failed too! I don't know if the problem is with the Tivo or with the wireless bridge that it's connected too, but I didn't really do anything to either one, and all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore!

SR712
05-31-2003, 01:25 PM
Are you running DHCP, or a Static Address on the TiVo? If DHCP, maybe the addy has changed. If you are using a router, find out what address the router has leased out by going into its config screen. Can you ping the TiVo?

DiGNAN17
05-31-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm using DHCP, but I went into the settings page, to look at which clients were receiving IPs, and the TiVo isn't listed as one of them, just the other two computers on my network. Plus, even if the Tivo's IP had changed, I would think that the Tivo it's self could still dial out. I looked at the wireless bridge, and all the lights are lit except for the one labeled "diag".

Question: if the computer that the bridge is connected to isn't hooked up to it, is there a way for the router config to see if it's connected?