PDA

View Full Version : Too small of files after changing from ty

bigd_1
05-31-2003, 12:59 PM
OK. I was able to extract some files to my computer using tytool.
Here are some of the files I have:
12 different Simpson's episodes (400 - 500mb each)
8 different South Park episodes (400 - 500mb each)
Couple movies (1500 - 1700mb each)
1 minute video clip (12mb)

The files play fine on the DTIVO. However, after I extract the .ty files to my computer, no matter what I do, I only get a couple minutes of video.

The 1 minute video clip .m2v, I import into DVDit!, and it is only 22 seconds long. I get audio/video, everything is synced, but I it is not all there.

If I make a key file, then edit the key file, only 1 minute and 33 seconds show up in the GOP Editor.

If I load the file into TyStudio, only 1 minute or so show up. A South Park episode takes about 2 minutes to Index, but still only shows aobut 1.5 minutes of the beginning of the episode.

Any one have a though on what is going on?

DSR6000, 2.5Xtreme, Turbonet

Thanks

captain_video
05-31-2003, 04:29 PM
I don't know if this is the problem you 're having but ty files extracted with TyTool don't work all that well in TyStudio. Check the readme docs for TyStudio and you'll see a caveat about TyTool doing something funky to the headers that TyStudio doesn't like. If you're going to use TyStudio for editing and muxing then you should set up tyserver and tyindex on your Tivo for extracting the ty files as well. Otherwise, stick with TyTool and GopEditor for your extraction, editing, and muxing chores.

bigd_1
05-31-2003, 05:26 PM
I have tried using Tytool, but get the same problem. It doesn't matter if I use the Multiplex file, or VOB, they are still only just over a minute.

Any more thoughts?
Thanks