PDA

View Full Version : Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...

slideaway
06-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

I'm curious to know if anyone is having this problem lately.

I'm getting this on about 90% of the streams I'm pulling off of my DTivo. Is anyone else having this problem?

It started about a week ago. I've had problems with everything lately. noscramble is running and I've tried the tyfilesplit and vsplit -j option with no luck.

Any ideas???

Thanks

------------------------------------
EDIT:
Should I update the Nowshowing or the noscramble file or something, could that help? I've been running with tytool5 and the corrresponding noscramble and Nowshowing files for sometime and been fine. Does anyone know why this would start happening with every stream now. I just tried to record a show a pulled it off, same thing, the 10 F-ing chunks message.

Thanks

EDIT #2:

Mod, please delete this thread. I'm ok now.'

Thanks

bwperez
06-05-2003, 10:59 PM
What was the resolution? This evening I finally got everything up and running with my DTivo and TyTools. Unfortunatly the first stream I downloaded got the same failed to get first 10 chunks message.

captain_video
06-06-2003, 08:08 AM
I've been running with tytool5

The first thing you need to do is get the latest versions. TyTool5 is seriously out of date and still has bugs in it that were fixed in later versions. TyTool7r2 is the latest iteration and can be downloaded from the sticky at the top of this forum page. Note that you will need to get the tserver_mfs6 and NowShowing.tcl files from the TyTool6rx version as josh didn't include them in the zip file. Snoopy has posted a file that includes all the necessary files in the "Where are the files?" post so you might want to check that one out.