PDA

View Full Version : Extracted MPEGs and XBOX media player

ID_MAn
06-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Just an FYI for everyone looking for an alternate solutions for playback of your extracted Tivo MPEG files. XBox Media Player 2.4 was released a few days ago, and now includes interlaced file playback and direct playback of VOB files!

I don't have any affiliation with the XBMp crew, but I thought everyone here would like to know about it.

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/newweb/news_latest.php

--ID_Man

lsmod
06-02-2003, 01:32 PM
FWIW, I've been happily playing muxed output from TyTool using XBMP for a while now. I am using XBMP 2.3 and TyTool6r3, but it works great. Seek doesn't work right, but hey, you can't win them all. ;)

I was planning to upgrade to 2.4 over the weekend to see if things are working better, but haven't gotten there yet.

Can you seek around using 2.4 on TyTool VOBs?

AlphaWolf
06-02-2003, 02:46 PM
I've been doing it for a while too, with component outputs and pixel filtering enabled. Seek seems to work fine for me though.

ID_MAn
06-02-2003, 03:13 PM
On all versions before 2.4, the extracted video looked fine until there was fast motion, then things would split into horizontal bars (interlacing) I didn't see it often, but enough to be annoying. Anyway with 2.4 deinterlacing works great!

Yes, the seeking works too! You can use the FF/Rew buttons. However XBMP reports that a 90 minute movie is only 14 minutes long, even though WinDVD reports the time correctly. Has anyone else confirmed this? Do you think this is an XBMP bug or something with the mpeg file?

AlphaWolf
06-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ID_MAn
However XBMP reports that a 90 minute movie is only 14 minutes long, even though WinDVD reports the time correctly. Has anyone else confirmed this? Do you think this is an XBMP bug or something with the mpeg file?

That would more than likely be the mpeg file.