PDA

View Full Version : Dtivo extraction is running at 1/10 speed

tonyg
06-03-2003, 10:49 AM
I am using TYTOOLS 7.2 and have secussfully burned 3 DVD's. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Then all of a sudden the download rate goes from about a Meg a second to about 100 meg in 3 hours. It does however appear to be downloading from the Tivo, the downloading file is showing a larger size when I hit refresh.

I have also tried TYSTUDIO with similar results. This tells me it is in the tivo or the connection to my computer.

I would appreciate any help.

My setup,
1. a direct tivo series 1.
2. a lynksys router
3. a 10/100 ethernet connection to my computer(a 900 mh sony vaio)
4. a cable modem connected to the internet

thanks
tony

ElHoudini
06-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Same thing happened to me. Make sure you NIC on your computer is set to Full duplex. You can do this in the network settings.

captain_video
06-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Are you running any other processes on your DTivo while you're extracting? Try placing the DTivo in standby mode prior to extracting and you should see it return to normal speed. If you're using the Tivo for other purposes such as recording, playback or just plain viewing (remember that it's still recording to the buffer while you're viewing), you're using up the Tivo's resources and will definitely cause it to slow down.

06-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Try turning off everything including router and cable modem. Wait a minute or so. Turn on cable modem, the router, the PC finally Tivo.

BubbleLamp
06-03-2003, 11:43 PM
You are probably running into the bug in the IP stack. For laughs, try an FTP transfer from your Tivo. If that works fast, then you're seeing the bug. Try changing the option in TyTool from single socket to double, or vice versa.

AlphaWolf
06-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Make sure that you don't FTP in passive mode though, for some reason passive FTP transfers trigger it every time.

BubbleLamp
06-03-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
Make sure that you don't FTP in passive mode though, for some reason passive FTP transfers trigger it every time.

Yea, that's because passive mode uses a single socket.