PDA

View Full Version : TyTools7R2 Cut Problem



Just4Fun
06-03-2003, 11:02 PM
I saw this listed in the main thread so think I understand the fix. I'll move everything into the C:\TiVo subdirectory and try it. Basically I did everything as advertised but when I played it the cut's weren't missing.

The reason for this post is just to give Jdiner a bit more information, in case it helps. I modified my TyTool.ini file like this:
ADDR:192.168.1.200
LDIR:c:\TiVo
DVDDIR:c:\TiVo
OUTDIR:c:\TiVo\
MODE:TyStream
MTXT:ON
NET:NEW
MUX:STD

Now the strange thing was that the outputs actually went to the Root (C:\) and I had to copy them back to the TiVo subdirectory. I thought this weird but didn't worry but the RW DVD has commercials and so the cuts didn't work either.

Tomorrow I'll put everything, including the program files, into the C:\TiVo subdirectory and try that. I'll post the results.

jdiner
06-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Just4Fun
I saw this listed in the main thread so think I understand the fix. I'll move everything into the C:\TiVo subdirectory and try it. Basically I did everything as advertised but when I played it the cut's weren't missing.

The reason for this post is just to give Jdiner a bit more information, in case it helps. I modified my TyTool.ini file like this:
ADDR:192.168.1.200
LDIR:c:\TiVo
DVDDIR:c:\TiVo
OUTDIR:c:\TiVo\
MODE:TyStream
MTXT:ON
NET:NEW
MUX:STD

Now the strange thing was that the outputs actually went to the Root (C:\) and I had to copy them back to the TiVo subdirectory. I thought this weird but didn't worry but the RW DVD has commercials and so the cuts didn't work either.

Tomorrow I'll put everything, including the program files, into the C:\TiVo subdirectory and try that. I'll post the results.

There is a bug in the new "you can have the output here" options. The cut file is not looked for both locally and in the output directory as it should be. It is looked for only locally. This will be fixed shortly.

--jdiner

Pro-289
06-04-2003, 07:29 PM
not a cut response, but I noticed in R2 with, I think, the GOPeditor it had defaulted to some directory called c:\joshua\dtivo or something like that. Not sure if you knew about it already or not.

Just4Fun
06-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Yes, I knew about the defaults. Also, there seem to be some errors in the way the .ini file is parsed out. Frankly, I don't trust any of those three fields. The easiest thing to do is to just put everything in one directory and work from there. I did that and it's working great.