PDA

View Full Version : ./fixsub31.tcl issue

yellaboyla
06-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Ok..............

Got bash on U5 w/o hacked prom.

added lines to hackinit for fixsub to run

transferred over callfixsub and fixsub31.

reboot............

my daily call says succeeded, but I still don't get life in the sys info screen.

What could be the causes?

kalex
06-04-2003, 04:20 PM
there is no more lifetime. As long as ur tivo shows account in good standing and DVR service active you are good to go. Lifetime was avaialble on 2.5.2 after that it was removed.

alex

yellaboyla
06-04-2003, 05:08 PM
This is a DTIVO HDVR2. Not a ser 1 unit. 2.5.2 refers to those models.

or to the Series 2 stand alones.

mrblack51
06-04-2003, 08:53 PM
as kalex already stated, all dtivo software 3.x or higher uses the dtv card for the subscription. therefore, it doesnt indicate lifetime service. since there was never a s2 dtivo which ran 2.x, then there was never a s2 dtivo which truely reports 'lifetime'

as such, fixsub is a not an accurate description (as i have stated before). fakecall would be a more accurate name, since all it does is fake the call to prevent the 30 day nag

yellaboyla
06-04-2003, 09:07 PM
thx for the clarification. i looked but never saw u mention that.

again your wisdom is appriciated!!

Tommy
06-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by kalex
there is no more lifetime. As long as ur tivo shows account in good standing and DVR service active you are good to go. Lifetime was avaialble on 2.5.2 after that it was removed.

alex Mine will show this with a P3 card in,if I put in the P4(non-sub) it will say not active. If I leave it in overnite(P3) and it makes the service download(which fails,no dial tone!) and I re-boot the IRD it will stay at the "powering..." stage? Any clues to where to start?. I checked the fixsub.

yellaboyla
06-06-2003, 11:11 PM
got everything working with the fakecall file.

only issue is I never see the "Echo calling fixsub" at BASH.

I had to manually run fixsub31.tcl to get it to work....ideas???

thx

kalex
06-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Tommy,

Ur P4 card is not Subbed that's y u don't get dvr service. what Mrblack51 and me are saying is that fixsub doesn't fix sub, it removes the nagging. ur card is what holds the info. its called a dvr tier. if u don't have it. when u insert ur card dtivo verfies that u have the tier and activates the service. so u need to have the tier on it. as for ur powerup problem, check ur connetions on tivo (data cable). make sure it its properly connected and also make sure u didn't erase anything from the tivo prior to running fixsub. its not wise to put P4 so ur tivo will not update.

alex