PDA

View Full Version : Move files - Tivo to Tivo with Remote control?

bfdhe
06-04-2003, 03:42 PM
I know I can move tmf files from Tivo to Tivo with mfsftp and I have done so with success.

My question is if anyone has a way to add a "menu item" to the Tivo's GUI so that one could move a show from Tivo A to Tivo B with just the TIvo remote.

I searched around a bit and could not find any info on this.

Thanks

bfdhe
06-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Cool.

It sure would be nice not to have to go to the PC to do a transfer. Both of my Tivo's are networked and sometimes I wish I could just press a button or two on the remote and finish watching a recorded program in the bedroom.

If you need alpha testing I am all for it.

Thanks for the reply.

cwingert
06-10-2003, 09:26 PM
I've actually prototyped a HMO (video sharing only, so far) for a Series 1 box using the same principles as mplayer/vserver.

I have a working TiVo Selection Menu, Now Playing Selection Menu, and Playback (Trick Play isn't as good as a with MyWorld (yet), but it works). The menus and selection are orders of magnitude faster than MyWorld (however, they aren't as pretty).

It is just a prototype though.

hickory
06-11-2003, 07:13 AM
cwingert,

Are you in need of anyone else to test it for ya? lemme know.

tom

bfdhe
06-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Let the testing begin!!! - Throw us some of that ugly stuff!

I don't care what it looks like :)

cwingert
06-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Unfortunately, I am not ready to support another effort which would be (probably) bigger than tivo-mplayer.

I would like to put together a team of OS developers though.

I may put a new thread together to discuss this.

AlphaWolf
06-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by rc3105
I've got a few utils to do that written but nothing I'm comfortable releasing yet. as far as I know nobody else has released anything either.

should make quite a splash in the mfs_ftp thread though so that's probably the place to watch for it

or brainstorm the interface here & I'll whip something up... ;)

--
Riley

riley, you know what you could possibly do, is plug your mfs_ftp into TCS.

Zirak
06-14-2003, 05:32 PM
It should be really simple to write a tcs module that allows you to "send" a show to another tivo. I think the UI would just be going to the now playing list, and hit [0-9] <slow> <slow> (For those that don't know, all commands are 3 keypresses in tcs)

This would give you access to up to 10 tivos/pc-s. I think the locking/unlocking/queueing should be command line driven, not part of tcs though.

Next time we meet in irc we should discuss.

RadOD
07-29-2003, 11:35 PM
Anything new going on?

BubbleLamp
07-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by RadOD
Anything new going on?

Go read the HMO thread in this forum.