PDA

View Full Version : TyTool Video Problem

johnm160
06-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi again gang, I am having a strange video problem with the streams I am extracting with tytool.

The video has a a bright thin bar all the way at the top of the screen that looks like it is "running" across the screen. I am using tytool 7r3 and a SA tivo.

Thank You

John

JJBliss
06-07-2003, 05:17 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22218&highlight=white+top

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24047&highlight=white+top

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23469&highlight=white+lines+top

johnm160
06-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Thank You JJBliss, I am still learning how to phrase things for the search. I was using a more natural language string rather then keywords.

I have one more problem maybe you can help me with, or help me find.

I am also getting a sort of translucent vertical band about 1/3 from the right edge of the screen. things kind of look distorted when they pass through this area, think the move predator kind of look. This only happens on the standalone dvd player, not on the computer.

Set top is a Panasonic rv32 and it was burnt on a -rw

Thanks again for any help you can give me.

John

johnm160
06-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Update,

this seems to be dependent to the dvd player. I have another that it does not do it on. Also a panasonic but then again that one is not connected with s video. And I have a third panasonic that will not play it. It just blinks the video on and off with no sound. That is an older model, but it plays other dvd -r's fine.

It also freezes after 2:23 minutes. In the pc it hicups but keeps going

Is this some kind of compatability problem with the way tytool encodes it?

Would I be better converting it to dvd format with a different program?

Thanks, John

johnm160
06-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Does anyone have an Idea on this?

thanks

John

jdiner
06-12-2003, 06:22 PM
It all depends on how the DVD players sends it output.

No standard TV on earth takes 480x480 as a resolution. Nor for that matter 352x480. The DVD player "generates" the signal the TV can understand. If the DVD player generates it "bigger" then you are fine and you see nothing.

I wish there was a good simple answer for you. But short of re-encoding you are going to see it on a computer. For almost all DVD players on TV's rather than monitors, you will never ever see it.

--jdiner

johnm160
06-13-2003, 08:46 PM
Hi, Thanks for the reply, I am not talking about the caption "lights"across the top now. I have a distorted bar running vertical top to bottom about one third from the right translucent distortion about one inch wide.

Do I need to re encode to get rid of this? And what is the favoraite re encoder around here these days? Tmpeg?

Thanks you

John

johnm160
06-14-2003, 07:24 PM
BTW I tried bringing in mpv and mpg into tmpeg plus and it says not supported.

Thanks

John

johnm160
06-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Ok, I have tried everything and I can't get it to work right.

How do I reencode a ty file? I cannot get tmpgenc to accept it. even after patching it.

John