PDA

View Full Version : .ty stream to DivX?

dodgie
06-08-2003, 05:40 AM
Hi,

I've been reading around this forum and numerous websites but am yet to find a complete guide to converting a ty stream obtained using tyTool to DivX.

I am using TyTool7r2 to rip to a .ty stream. I have then used VSplit3 to slit the .ty into what I presume it audio and video, now what?

I've looked at so many guides and none of them seem to point to a particular tried and tested method. I'm getting confused as most of them talk abotu ripping to a DVD and I'm not entirely sure when I should just encode as DivX instead, or what to use to do the DivX encoding. I've downloaded the Gordian Knot package from one tutorial but even following the Doom9.net tutorials on that seem to confuse me. It talks about using DVD2AVI to split the audio from the video, but I've already done this with VSplit3.

All I really want to do is to get a stream from my Tivo, edit the commercials out and encode it using DivX.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dodgie

Stephen
06-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Try this thread HERE (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?)

jamesband
06-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Stephen - cold man... cold...

Well... Stephen, cold as he was, does have a point. You have alot of reading and research to do. I am not going to give you detailed instructions, but I will give you some pointers.

You need a path. Path? Yeah path.

You know where you are starting - .ty
You know where you want to be - .avi (DivX codec)

You have to choose a path and there are a few. I will suggest one you will need to do research to find the details and, along the way, you may find a better way.

1. TyTool or TyStudio to create an .mpeg file (no particular flavor ie. DVD/SVCD/Generic, but should not be elemental)
2. VirtualDub MPEG to edit and convert to .avi (DivX)

It should be noted that the VirtualDub I refer to is a modified version that will read MPEG stream without an intermediary program.

The Devil is in the details... Have fun.

JamesBand

sabasigh
06-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Good discussion here...

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24892