PDA

View Full Version : TyTool7R3: Tivo SA still need BeSweet??

sibarys
06-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Anybody know if TiVo SA owners (me) still need to up-sample the audio portion from 32K to 48K in the latest version of TyTool (7R3)?

I thught I read a while back that jdiner was going to try and see if he could add it as a new feature, but I don't see any options for that in the menus.

Thanks.

bato
06-10-2003, 09:39 PM
I guess you can use BeSweet or buy a Panasonic S35 at Wal-Mart. This is a post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=103100#post103100) from jdiner about it.

Firefly
06-11-2003, 01:11 PM
I guess you can use BeSweet

What is the correct workflow to integrate BeSweet into the process?
I also have an SA Tivo and am a bit confused about how to get the audio working. I've tried pulling off elemental streams, patching header, and using Tmpgenc, but audio gets out of sync.

Does BeSweet also need elemental streams? Is sync maintained?

sibarys
06-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by bato
I guess you can use BeSweet or buy a Panasonic S35 at Wal-Mart. This is a post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=103100#post103100) from jdiner about it.

Bato,

since the audio needs to be up-sampled to 48Khz, obviously Tytool must be used in "vsplit mode" to get the separate "m2a" audio stream rather than a single multiplexed ".ty" audio+video stream.

So, can Tytool7R3 still be used by SA owners to create DVDs? What would the step-by-step flow look like?

I understand how I would do it if I had a single .ty stream, but in my case, after using BeSweet to convert the audio, what happens next?

Thanks for your feedback.

bato
06-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Well my SA tivo is only collecting dust right now, I have a project in about a month that maybe I'll use it and then I'll have better information, but from what I read:

- change with tivoweb your capture settings to either 720x480 or 352x480, this is to make the stream more compatible with DVD players and other software tools
- use TyTool to exctract the ty, create the key, edit and output, if you can get m2v and m2a files do that, if not create a mpg file and demux with software like TMPGenc
- convert your audio to 48khz, with besweet or other tool
- mux back and check sync, if all is well you will have a perfect sync mpg file
- use that mpg in a DVD authoring app and create a DVD

Because your resolution is 720x480 or 352x480 and audio at 48khz then you will not have issues with some tools like Moviefactory2, Workshop or even DVDlab because I think the GOP structure is ok. If you use DVDlab maybe you don't need the last step, import the m2v file and m2a file into DVDlab and it will mux the 2 files in a final VOB.

If the sync is not kept, then you need more software, more time to try to fix that, but from what I read most of the time you don't have that problem with SA tivos.

Firefly
06-12-2003, 01:20 PM
obviously Tytool must be used in "vsplit mode"

So the cruel truth is that all the recent developments in the Tytool project have been of no use to us SA owners?

After all, most of Jdiner's improvements seem to have been in the .ty -->vob --> ifo area.

I'm afraid I'm getting totally hacked off with trying to make playable DVDs from my UK SA TiVo.

I seem to end up with either no sound, bad sync, or 1 1/2 frames on the TV screen (Toshiba DVD player problem?)
Yet apart from the bad sync creations, they all look good in Power DVD. It doesn't help that I have to keep wasting DVD-Rs. (Tosh won't play DVD-RW)

Can any one suggest any easy work flow (that doesn't need 10 steps and 6 hours processing time) that I might try?

bato
06-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Cheer up FireFly, jdiner just posted that he will work in audio conversion to 48khz because ALL SA users need that. Check the main thread about TyTool7 thread.

Isn't he a good guy? :)

shadowramy15
06-12-2003, 04:28 PM
This is what I do on my SA.

Download the .ty file in tyfile mode. Then fire up TyStudio, load the .ty file, cut, then process using generic mpeg and AC3.

I use AC3 because I have a norcent DVD player that either doesnt like mpg audio or doent like the VBR.

Then I just load the processed .mpg into DVD Workshop, create menus, and burn.

I use 352x480 or 720x480 Constant 3500 bit rate and PCM audio.

I don't patch headers and I record movies at Medium quality.

Works great, no synch problems on any DVD player except this one 6 disc sony player a friend of mine has. I usually get to PPV movies on a 4.7 dvd.

If you are using fibre connectors on your DVD you might get a pop/crack or two when music is played.

Firefly
06-12-2003, 05:47 PM
This is what I do on my SA

Thanks for that, Shadowramy 15. It seems a shame not to be able to record in best quality, though (544 x 576 for PAL)

bato
06-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Firefly, I think you can record at that resolution, I have some mpeg2 burn as DVDs from a 544x480 source, so I don't see why you can't record at 544x576 and make a PAL DVD.

Most people that know how prefer to record at a DVD compliant resolution to make it easier to the player to display the picture, but you can have a DVD with that resolution that work with most players.

shadowramy15
06-12-2003, 11:31 PM
You could use a higher rez however, when I was doing Best Quality a 1 hour and 45 minute movie was over 4.5 GB, with a DVD TOC and Menus, it takes you over the limit.

I wanted a way that would record better than VHS quality and rip out multiple PPV movies to one DVD quickly.

I am now working with Sonic Foundry Softencode to get excellent DTS conversion from AC3 files.