PDA

View Full Version : TyTools: Sorry. Dolby audio can't be patched at present!

jmhenry5150
06-12-2003, 09:47 AM
I did a search but didn't find anything...

I got this when processing a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode with TyTools.

Also, when I went throught the process to create a DVD, there was nothing in the Audio directory when it was done.

Any ideas?

bato
06-12-2003, 10:03 AM
I think dolby audio still not fully supported in tytool7r3, I guess jdiner will work on that down the road.

In a DVD the audio directory can be empty, some tools even didn't create one, but for compatibility now almost all software create an empty audio folder, the audio is really muxed in the final VOB in the video directory, you can even have multiple audio tracks (up to 8) in a single VOB.

jmhenry5150
06-12-2003, 10:04 AM
hmm...ok

so, this error from TyTools is ok then?

bato
06-12-2003, 10:57 AM
define ok :D

I guess TyTool patch mpg audio to keep perfect sync and right now can't patch Dolby audio, so in the end if your DVD works and you can't find a sync problem then is ok :)

jmhenry5150
06-12-2003, 11:23 AM
ok!

I'm getting a DVD burner today, so, I will have alot to do tonight! lol

I have read tons and tried alot that has been posted here on the forum...any starting tips and tricks?

bato
06-12-2003, 11:25 AM
use RW ;)

jdiner
06-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Hummm. that is wierd. I thought I had it.

that message just means that somthing appeared and was missing. I try to fill such holes in under Mpeg-1 LayerII audio but sometimes it is not possible. Right now under Dolby I don't even try. There are just too many standards at the moment. But it will get some attention sometime soon.

--jdiner

ronnythunder
06-12-2003, 07:02 PM
ok, so sometimes dd works, and sometimes it doesn't? i had tried in 7r2 and it never seemed to work, but i've only tried once in 7r3 and it worked, so i assumed that you had made a fix between 7r2 and 7r3?

ronny

jmhenry5150
06-13-2003, 09:21 AM
hey bato!

I got my DVD burner and will try it out with the output from TyTools tonight...

You said to use my DVD-RW disc...i have played burned DVD-R discs (note the dash) in my DVD player at home...does this mean it will also play the DVD-RW disc?

any other pointers before I make some potential coasters? :)

Thanks!

jmhenry5150
06-13-2003, 09:52 AM
My bad jdiner...

I was using 7.2 instead of 7.3

I tried it now and it works!

bato
06-13-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by jmhenry5150
You said to use my DVD-RW disc...i have played burned DVD-R discs (note the dash) in my DVD player at home...does this mean it will also play the DVD-RW disc?
Nope, you can only be sure that your player can read DVD-RW testing one there, it it plays then you will not creat coasters. Is cheaper to buy a player that can use DVD-RW that say 50 DVD-R coasters.

Of course, with TyTool7r3 is hard to create 50 coasters, maybe a few until you remember to set item in the menu ;)

jmhenry5150
06-13-2003, 11:46 AM
"set item in the menu"?

What do you mean?

bato
06-13-2003, 12:18 PM
It was only a joke, tytool will report if your menu do not have title, or if the VOB is not used in the final DVD, so if you make a coaster maybe it was the media or some fault in DVDauthor.

Pro-289
06-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ronnythunder
i had tried in 7r2 and it never seemed to work, but i've only tried once in 7r3 and it worked, so i assumed that you had made a fix between 7r2 and 7r3?
I think it's just that 7r2 always tried to patch the audio. Where as 7r3 now has an option, and I think it comes default to off. So that's why you don't get those scrolling "Sorry, Dolby..." messages. I think there was mention of it somewhere in the release notes. If you want the messages again, just turn on "Options->Patch Audio Holes...".

jdiner
06-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Correct. It is a settable option now.

For the record I have been working on audio a bit lately and I have a new set of DD support functions in the tools. It will be interesting to see what happens.

--jdiner

TRILIGHT
06-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, jdiner! I too received this error recently when extracting a program that had been recorded with Dolby Digital audio. I believe I am running 7r2.

Something else I noticed was that the file was written as an MPA file even though it was supposed to be AC3. Any way of detecting this and writing the proper extension, jdiner? Not a BIG deal, really. I can always do it myself but just something you might want to keep in mind. That is, unless you already have and I just don't know about it. hehe ;)

shadowramy15
06-19-2003, 03:45 PM
How are you guys extracting the audio files to .AC3 format? I have a DVD player that doesnt like MPEG audio and I have to use AC3 to get it to synch correctly, but not sure how to do this with TyTool.

Usually I download with TyTool then Process with TyStudio using AC3 and Generic MPEG.

I tried spitting the files with TyTool then using BeSweet to convert to AC3 then remuxing with TMPEGenc and I get out of bounds errors all the time.

If anyone is extracing to PCM or AC3 please let me know how you are doing it.

Thanks
Shadow

jjjones
06-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by jdiner
Correct. It is a settable option now.

For the record I have been working on audio a bit lately and I have a new set of DD support functions in the tools. It will be interesting to see what happens.

--jdiner

Josh, any idea when DD support will be released and will this support let me create MPEG II files with DD 5.1 support. I UDF/ISO burn muxed mpeg files but have a big backload of DD 5.1 tys, I want to mux and archive.

Thanks for all your great work.

JJ

Pro-289
06-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by shadowramy15
How are you guys extracting the audio files to .AC3 format? I have a DVD player that doesnt like MPEG audio and I have to use AC3 to get it to synch correctly, but not sure how to do this with TyTool.

If anyone is extracing to PCM or AC3 please let me know how you are doing it.
I've used BeSweet (azid.dll or azid.exe), to convert to a .WAV. I've then messed with the audio in Sound Forge, then used the tooLame.exe to convert .WAV to .MP2.

This seems to work fine with a normal, non broken AC3 stream. My problem is I have some damaged AC3 .TY streams. Of course they play fine in the Tivo, I guess they have subtle errors though. So when I deMux them to .M2V and .M2A(I rename to .AC3), then convert the .AC3 to .WAV, those transcoding errors cause slight sync errors once joined back with the video, since they are now NOT linked with the video when they're processed, and the errors are probably just skipped resulting in a different transcoded length than the original AC3.

So what I need is a transcoding tool which can patch DD 5.1 errors when I deMux an AC3 embedded .TY or .MPG to either elementals .M2V .MP2, or to an Mpeg2 audio embedded .MPG.

I think once TyTool can patch AC3 errors when it's transcoding, all my DD 5.1 audio/video transcoded to SVCD Mpeg-2 44.1kH spec. will now have perfect sync as the original.