PDA

View Full Version : extract stream to DVD viewer

deshepherd
06-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Playing around with tyStudio I've eventually discovered that problems I was having viewing its output were from the DVD viewer end. A web page that warned me of this pointed me to (among others) the free VideoLAN DVD viewer and looking at that I see among its options is the ability to accept its data stream from a "VLS network stream".

.... do any of the TiVo extraction tools have the ability to output direct to a stream that could then be displayed by a program like this. My initial aim is just to be able to view progs recorded on the TiVo from another PC and while this can be done my an extract/process and then view this does have a not insignificant delay imposed while the MPEG file is generated (plus lots of disk needed) ... so if it could stream direct into a viewer then (assuming PC ad enough horsepower) then this would be great for this job.

SirWill
06-15-2003, 06:27 PM
See

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22972

It will do stream to a PC for you.

deshepherd
06-16-2003, 04:17 AM
thanks ... will try this out tonight

deshepherd
06-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Taken a look but having a few problems. Even when converting from a ty stream held on local disk the playback is extermely choppy ... I'm using a XP1700+ which I'd hope was sufficient. Hmm more investigation required.

Hi8
06-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by deshepherd
Taken a look but having a few problems. Even when converting from a ty stream held on local disk the playback is extermely choppy ... I'm using a XP1700+ which I'd hope was sufficient. Hmm more investigation required.

if you are transfering the .ty to yourPC use thismplayer (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22972) it works great...

there are options to play directly from a stream if you install the server component.

deshepherd
06-17-2003, 04:32 PM
That's the mplayer I'm using. Problem is that with a .ty file already downloaded (by tyStudio if that's relevant) from my TiVo then playback pauses every second or so ... system is a AMD XP1700+ with a Geforce3-ti200 video card so I'd hope there's enough power there.

N.b. I'm in the UK so the ty stream comes from a PAL signal - could that be causing any problems?

deshepherd
06-17-2003, 05:11 PM
quick erply to myself!

ran mplayer with the -quiet option and playback is pretty much ok now ... looks like outputting all those diagnostics was taking too much time!