PDA

View Full Version : Recording question

Zagor
06-16-2003, 03:11 PM
I have a season pass setup to record 'Enterprise' with the option of Repeat and First Run turned on. Last Wednesday TIVO recorded the show as scheduled. While viewing the show I relized something was wrong with it so I deleted it knowing the a repeat of the broadcast was scheduled for Saturday and I figured that TIVO would record it again. Well come Saturday Tivo never recorded the show. I looked at the recording history and it showed that it didn't record it because it was duplicate. Is this normal behavior? I thought a show wouldn't be recorded if it was already listed in the Now Showing but like I said I had deleted it. I am used to a UTV which would behave this way. Can someone explain why it didn't record...thanks..

captain_video
06-16-2003, 09:39 PM
If the show was recorded within the last 30 days it won't be recorded again. Since it had begun the process of recording before you cancelled it, the Tivo recorded the event in the Recording History or perhaps in the log files (not sure where it's actually kept) as having recorded the show. You can manually override this by selecting the program for recording inthe guide.

gfb107
07-10-2003, 03:13 PM
A duplicate showing is different than a repeat episode.

A repeat is just something that has aired previously.
A duplicate is something that has been recorded in the last 28 days. It doesn't make any difference if it is still in Now Playing or not.

You can override this by setting your season pass to record "All (with duplicates)"