PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive unlocking

wildfrog
06-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Since I own a logic analyzer I was able to capture the user password. Using hdunlock I can enter this code and unlock the drive. However when you reboot the machine it of course locks itself again. I am looking for a utility that allows you to unlock a drive in windows (XP prefered) instead of Dos. As a side note, the password is anything BUT straight ASCII.

aLfer
06-17-2003, 02:32 PM
just use hdunlock to unlock the drive in DOS, then run atapwd.exe in dos to disable security. I dont know of any programs that deal with ata security that run in windows.

CyberJaak
06-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Search google for hddisabl.exe and use it to disable the password. Don't forget to set the password before putting the hard drive back into the utv with hdlock.exe unless you want to re-read the password. The UTV picks a new password when it sees an unlocked drive.

-CyberJaak

wildfrog
06-18-2003, 01:58 AM
I did use hddisable read files, utv35 image etc. When I used HDLOCK and re-set the user passwd the UTV freaked and erased the drive. If the de-muxer ever gets done I will put a drive cage in to move between utv and pc . As I did not allow the UTV to totally erase the drive atapwd and hdunlock showed that i had re-set the password correctly.

satkid00
07-06-2003, 03:01 PM
where do you find these files, such as hdunlock and the others mentioned. i tried searching google, but no luck. i am trying to unlock a utv drive as well. so i need to find this hdunlock. any help is appreciated.

oggeymoggel
07-04-2005, 05:56 PM
oh, the usual places.

DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THIS ANYWHERE WHERE IT MIGHT BE FOUND...

here, man (http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php)