PDA

View Full Version : Reencoding Ty files

johnm160
06-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Hi again,

What program can I use to reencode a ty file to 720x480 I have tried to put it into tmpgenc plus as a elemental file from ty studio and also as a mpg. Even if I patch the header tmpge tells me it is not a vaild file.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

John

johnm160
06-19-2003, 07:30 AM
sombody here must know how to do this.

John

bato
06-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Most people here avoid reencoding because takes time and produce a file with different size/quality.

If you want to reencode and create a DVD you can use Ulead Moviefactory or DVD Workshop, then do not patch your mpg and select a 720x480 project. After a few hours you will have your mpg at 720x480. You can use TMPGEnc also, select the mpg as input, select a DVD resolution project and then reencode, it will take time.

johnm160
06-19-2003, 10:02 PM
bato,

THANK YOU for the reply.

I understand that it will take a long time. But I recorded a couple of home video onto the tivo that I wanted to turn into dvd's for family and I need compatibility with most dvd players. I have not been able to trick my tivo into recording in 720X480 yet so this is the only option I have.

By the way. I could not get TMPGEnc plus to accept the mpg made by tystudio. it says "cannot open or unsupported" It says the same thing if I use dvdpatcher on it first also.

Any Idea what I am doing wrong? Or should I just use one of the other programs you mentioned

I appreciate you help

John

johnm160
06-19-2003, 11:03 PM
bato,

Movie Factory is accepting the files and converting them now.

Thank you so much

John