PDA

View Full Version : tivoweb config bad, can't extract

cali
06-17-2003, 11:26 PM
I have had my turbo net and xplusz set up for a while now. I am now trying to exract a stream but I cannot get anything what so ever.

I am in tivoweb and when i click to download the ty it takes like 1 second, and I get a dumb file.

I have read and read. I have tivoftp turned on, telnet, msdstream, noscramble, and nothign it working...am i missing something simple?

Cali

captain_video
06-18-2003, 10:02 AM
If you are I'd like to know myself. I've never been able to extract a file using Tivoweb since I upgraded to 2.5.2. I'd recommend using either TyStudio with tyserver and tyindex running on the DTivo or use TyTool7r3. mfs_ftp is also worth a shot but my network chokes when I try to use it so I'm limited to the other two methods.

cali
06-18-2003, 05:54 PM
is that true?
I thought tivoweb was the holy grail of extraction and tivo mamagement...I guess not....
I have the version that comes with zplusz, which I believe was adjusted to work with extremed type tivos.

I guss I'll try one of the other methods for the time being.

cali

SR712
06-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Although I don't think TiVoWeb is the Holy Grail, I am running 2.5.2 on a T60, and it extracts fine from TiVoWeb. I do prefer to use mfs_ftp, as I can use the .tmf format for reinsertion into the T60 with all of the program data, too. I get about 1.4MB/sec in TiVoWeb. This was a straight install using 25xtreme and then the 252upgrade with xplusz. You do need to run MFSSTREAM in xplusz (#42), and, of course, TiVoWeb (#45). Works fine.

Oh yes, make sure in /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg that the path to mfs_stream is correct. Seems like I had to change it to /tivo-bin. It's been a while since I did it.

captain_video
06-18-2003, 09:36 PM
I rarely used Tivoweb for extraction even when I had it working. As far as I can tell, all of the other Tivoweb functions work fine, although I rarely, if ever, use any of them. Tivoweb doesn't do anything faster than either TyTool or TyStudio regarding extraction. I like TyTool because I can select a whole bunch of programs for extraction and then leave it alone. Tivoweb allows multiple extractions but at a snail's pace since the available bandwidth is divided by the number of downloads you have so the total time is the same as using TyTool. I only use TyStudio if I have a problematic ty file. TyTool supposedly does something funky to the headers that could cause some problems with certain programs so I use TyStudio if I have trouble authoring a TyTool extracted video with my DVD software.

cali
06-19-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by SR712

Oh yes, make sure in /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg that the path to mfs_stream is correct. Seems like I had to change it to /tivo-bin. It's been a while since I did it.

Captain Video:
Do the above and it will work

Thanks SR712!!!