PDA

View Full Version : I can't record after altering my Tivo

hellrider
06-18-2003, 01:28 PM
I have upgraded my Tivo 2 with the U5 code and have the Bash prompt and also have the HU fixed working without a problem (using existing drive that came with Tivo). I installed the 31fixsub and created the callfixsub in the hackinit and it seems to work. I can watch anything on the Tivo but have found that I canít record anything. The Red button is shaded out for some reason. When I hit the info button it has the option to hit the Select button to record but doesnít work. I can role back in a program that Iím watching but that is about it.

When I check system information on phone status it is active and is happy with a successful message.

When I go into the syslog from the bash and have it show me the live messages on what is going on in real time. I see a line showing the start of the recording and then about two lines down, it just said it was finished with the recording and the bytes being about 30k. It is talking about the red dye having a problem but I donít understand all the error messages. When I go into Tivo and see what is Now Playing screen, I get an error message about a hardware problem with my Tivo exist and reboot to fix it. It is almost like the drive is read only on the partition where Tivo saves the images. I donít know if I have a real hardware problem or if I didnít do something right. This is a new Tivo.

nitrous
06-18-2003, 06:43 PM
What is the status of your Tivo account?
With 3.x, you need to have the Tier active on the card.

n|trous

hellrider
06-18-2003, 06:55 PM
My Tivo Phillips 6000 is working fine so I know the card is working ok. Looks like everything should work. I've gone and gotten 120G hard drive from CompUSA. I will install it later on this evening after I get back from Dinner.

nitrous
06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
That fact that your card works with a series I unit doesn't mean that it will work with an HDVR2. That is the point to all this. The PVR feature is tied to the Card in Series II NOT in Series I.
n|trous

alldeadhomiez
06-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by nitrous
That fact that your card works with a series I unit doesn't mean that it will work with an HDVR2. That is the point to all this. The PVR feature is tied to the Card in Series II NOT in Series I.
n|trous

You were right the first time. Series1 or Series2 with 3.x requires the tier, but 2.x does not. So it could be indicative of a different problem on the Series2 if his Series1 runs 3.1 and works.

Hamsterman
06-19-2003, 01:43 AM
Hardware error? I know this is pretty basic, but if the backup image wasn't from your machine, you'll need to do a 'clear and delete everything' before you can record or playback anything.

Hamsterman

mrblack51
06-19-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Hamsterman
Hardware error? I know this is pretty basic, but if the backup image wasn't from your machine, you'll need to do a 'clear and delete everything' before you can record or playback anything.

Hamsterman

ill place my bet on this being the cause.

hellrider
06-19-2003, 12:03 PM
I did not do this. I will try this and get back with you. I remeber reading about this but just missed it.