PDA

View Full Version : indirect tivo to tivo copy...

robo456
06-18-2003, 02:41 PM
I've been reading thru the forums about extraction and ftp'ing and all... my situation is a bit different.

Back when I originally setup my hacks I used a CD that did alot of automatic setups (telnet, ftp, tivoweb etc) Here's what I get when I run an FTP TIVO from a command prompt:

220 You are in Tivo mode
220 Login isn't necessary
220 Please hit enter...blah blah...

i hit enter twice and I'm at an FTP> prompt... I can transfer too and from no problems...

Since i have an ftp daemon running do I need to bother with mfs-ftp???

Anyway.... so, here's what I'm trying to do. I got my dad a Tivo for fathers day and there was a few shows I wanted to give him from mine. We only have a 128k connection between the two of us, so that's NG for transfers. We do have a USB hard drive tho, so I wanted to FTP the shows to the hard drive, go over to his house, and ftp them into his Tivo...

I don't want to burn them to dvd, or svcd, or view them on the pc. I haven't quite found a solution, seeing that I didn't think I needed to extract anything. And I wasn't quite sure if his tivo would be smart enough to find the recording.

Thanks for ANY info!!!

--rob :confused:

osetivo
06-18-2003, 04:23 PM
First things first. What kind of TiVos do YOU have? If your TiVo is a DirecTV/Tivo "DTivo" combo then Scrambling must have been turned off PRIOR to recording the shows.

If yours is a DTivo and your first question is "How do I unscramble?" then your out of luck, sorry.

If it's a "standalone" or SA TiVo, then you need to use mfs_ftp to extract/insert the videos, regular TiVoFTP won't do it.

Good luck and have fun.

deebo
06-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey, I noticed they deleted your thread in the A V S forum :eek: I'm glad you got the link before they deleted it though.

Just like Osetivo said if you have an SA Tivo you want to transfer from you just need to install mfs_ftp from here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21915) on both tivos. Then ftp from your tivo to your hard drive, then ftp from the hard drive to your Dad's tivo and your all set.
-David

robo456
06-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Yeah, they're both SA's... mines a HDR212 and his is a HDR112...

Now I just have to figure out how to remove TivoFTP! hehe... Thanks the the help guys!

--rob

deebo
06-19-2003, 07:40 AM
You shouldn't have to remove tivoftpd for it to work. They run on different ports and I haven't had any problem running both.
-David

robo456
06-19-2003, 09:12 AM
sounds good, I'll give it a shot!