PDA

View Full Version : where to get power supply?

GREEK
06-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Can anyone shoot me toward the cheapest dtivo power supplies around? I read the thread on the sa tivo power supply swap fix but not sure what part of the power supply is failing. I have power to the hard drive and fan but no front lights or any video output.........thanks alot

captain_video
06-19-2003, 09:13 AM
The sources for replacement DTivo power supplies has pretty well disappeared as there don't seem to be any more available. They were manufactured by Autec and someone here actually contacted them and managed to buy out their remaining stock. The good news is the you can buy a replacement power supply for a SA Tivo from www.allelectronics.com for about $4.50 plus shipping. It's a different profile and is not a direct replacement for a DTivo supply but the parts are pretty much identical between them. Check the power supply thread in this forum for the exact link and part number.

A lot of people have had success with swapping out the switching board (the small circuit board mounted vertically on the main board) to fix their DTivo power supplies. Theer's a thread in this forum by 1Dave1 that has a reverse-engineered DTivo power supply schematic and another thread that has a complete DTivo schematic.

If you don't feel confident working on your power supply then there are a couple of repair centers that can fix them for you for about $100 plus shipping. Check page 4 of the How Tos Only sticky in the main DirecTV Tivo Hacking Forum for links to these sites.

amdguy
06-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Hi, cap

Will this work in a Sat-T60? I am looking at CAT #PS-70

Thanks for all of your help

captain_video
06-29-2003, 06:15 PM
That's the power supply for the SA Tivo. It's my understanding that most, if not all, of the parts are identical between the SA Tivo PS and the DTivo PS models. You should be able to cannibalize the SA Tivo PS to use the parts as replacements in the DTivo power supply.

The PS for all series 1 DTivos are the same for each manufacturer (Sony, Philips, and Hughes) so it should work with a SAT-T60 as described above.