PDA

View Full Version : The calculated video bit rate is too high for a legal DVD stream



syst1
06-18-2003, 10:42 PM
This is the message I get when I am at the export stage of creating a dvd using spruceup. I have already extracted my shows from my DTivo using tystudio beta 2, and split them into elemental stream for the video and no transcoding for the audio. Everything is ready to be exported in spruceup but at the compiling stage, it gets to about 15% then spits out that message. I have made several dvd's before and this is the first time that I have run into this problem. I have even taken all my m2v files and converted them to 3.5Mbit using dvd patcher (they were previously at 15.0Mbit). Any suggestions?

PS. My spruceup program is patched, so I don't have to do the header trick with spruceup.


Thanks in advance.

JJBliss
06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by syst1
This is the message I get when I am at the export stage of creating a dvd using spruceup. I have already extracted my shows from my DTivo using tystudio beta 2, and split them into elemental stream for the video and no transcoding for the audio. Everything is ready to be exported in spruceup but at the compiling stage, it gets to about 15% then spits out that message. I have made several dvd's before and this is the first time that I have run into this problem. I have even taken all my m2v files and converted them to 3.5Mbit using dvd patcher (they were previously at 15.0Mbit). Any suggestions?

PS. My spruceup program is patched, so I don't have to do the header trick with spruceup.


Thanks in advance.

If you have any cuits in TyStudio, recut it. It happens to me occasionally, and If I re-process it with new/different cut points, it works.

Try it

JJ

syst1
06-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the reply JJ Bliss, however, I have unfortunatly already deleted all of my shows of the tivo and only left with the already cut mpeg's on my hard drive, perhaps another editing other than spruceup might do the trick?? What do you think?


Thanks

syst1
06-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Another thought,

Is there some program out there that I can use to possibly repair these m2v and m2a files, such as tempenc or maybe mpeg2vcr?? I might be way off base.

JJBliss
06-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Since the cutting process is already somewhat butchering the GOP, I think you're kinda beat.

I have no further input, sorry.

Pro-289
06-19-2003, 07:27 PM
How about using one of those scripts out there to undelete your deleted material? If you haven't recorded over most or all of them yet.

syst1
06-19-2003, 07:34 PM
I really don't understand why after some 20 or so made episodic dvd's, that this time I am having problems. But I guess that's why most of this stuff is still in beta or being improved upon over a period of trial and error time.

Thanks for everyones help. If anyone still has any new thoughts. I am all ears.

newbie
06-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Try using IFOEDIT, you won't get the menus but it might be more forgiving.

bato
06-19-2003, 09:24 PM
I don't think is the tool's fault, there are many different problems in the ty files that the tools do their best to make a final product, so in rare cases still fail.

With mpeg2vcr you can mux your m2v and m2a, then do a mpeg GOP fix all the way, this take some time because it needs to break all long GOPs into DVD compliant (15 frames?), at the end demux again and then maybe it will work without problems with Spruce.

You can always try DVDLab, the product is starting and already is great for many tasks, the updates are at least every 2 weeks and big changes from one to the other (more features less bugs).

syst1
06-19-2003, 10:46 PM
I am actually starting to make some headway...

I have found and narrowed down to which episodes are giving me grief. I actually remove them from the spruceup project and guess what, I have a compilation. When building my compilation I do remember having issues with these 2 episodes, they would import into spruceup up ok, until it reached 100% giving me a GOP error, but would carry on and import the audio. It is when the compilation gets to these episodes that I get the video bit rate error. I have now restored these episodes back to my tivo again using the undelete feature in xplusz 3.1 (awesome tool), then I will redo the demux with tystudio and re-import into spruceup.

I do realize that spruceup had a lot of bugs, mainly due to the fact that it is no longer made or supported, but it does work if you are patient and is still relatively simple. I am curious though, to start looking into some new authoring software.

captain_video
06-20-2003, 07:51 AM
It's not SpruceUp that's buggy. You're trying to import mpeg files or elemental streams that are anything but standardized. It's a wonder we can use them with any commercial software.

If you're not concerned with making really fancy menus then you should consider jdiner's latest TyTool7r3. There isn't anything simpler to use for extracting, editing, muxing, and creating DVD-compliant files with menus and chapter stops for burning directly to DVD. It literally is a one-stop DVD authoring tool.

SirTrini
06-20-2003, 10:37 AM
I've noticed that tytool constantly puts in 15mbits as the video data rate, but it's actually way less. Watching the vob/mpeg from Tytool in powerdvd or in a dvd player capable of displaying bit rate you will notice it's more like 2 or 3mbits.

I believe DVD specs call for a max bitrate of 11.

My simple solution is to patch the header only with DVDPatcher to 8mbits and then work with it in any authoring tool I wish.

shuiqlazam
06-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Be care just changing bitrates.

I have been creating all my DVDs with the 15MB rate. This appears to resolve my audio sync issues.

Just think very logically about what changes like this may do to your video / audio stream!

Cheers!

P.S. Still loving TyStudio