PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got into this Tiger's beta?

Vadim
07-28-2001, 09:42 AM
Any folks that hang around here got into his beta for his zapping stream app. He says he has something to offer for dual drive combo owners and I'm really interested what that might be since I'm one of them. If you did could you please let us know?

krishnadas
08-19-2001, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Vadim
Any folks that hang around here got into his beta for his zapping stream app. He says he has something to offer for dual drive combo owners and I'm really interested what that might be since I'm one of them. If you did could you please let us know?

MfsTools 1.0 is out of beta and yes the backup divorces the A drive from the B drive. The restored backup can then be used with a blessed larger drive (instead of a 15gig use a 80 gig or even a 100gig).

Lure
08-19-2001, 03:19 PM
MfsTools 1.0 is out of beta
missed that we were out off beta: beta-f is final as was stated in one of the last mail msgs? is there a thread where tiger confirms this?
I'dd love to stop offering those really big backups on tivoinside-)

krishnadas
08-19-2001, 05:09 PM
The official download location is at 9thtee (http://www.9thtee.com/tivoupgrades.htm).

I was successfull in divorcing my dual Philips DirecTivo by using the following statements:

for backup:
./mfstool backup -6 -s -o ./tivo.backup /dev/hdc
/dev/hdd

and restore
./mfstool restore -i ./tivo.backup /dev/hdc

The "A" drive shows only capacity of 30 Gig eventhough restored to a 40 gig. But allows one to add a second "blessed" drive (60 gig in my case).

TivoMad is working on a fix to expand the "A" drive

Originally posted by krishnadas

MfsTools 1.0 is out of beta and yes the backup divorces the A drive from the B drive. The restored backup can then be used with a blessed larger drive (instead of a 15gig use a 80 gig or even a 100gig).