PDA

View Full Version : General Question (Dish Extraction??)

Stephen
07-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I have some friends that are currently subscribers to Dish Network and have been offered an upgrade to a PVR for Dish. Since I know nothing about Dish or the PVR's do they work on the same basis as the Directivo units? Are they (as easy) of a way to extract shows from the dish PVR's? If so can anyone point me to the right direction for Dish Extraction? for some reason I canít convince them to switch over to Directivo

AlphaWolf
07-14-2003, 01:09 AM
You probably won't ever find anything here, do a google search for dishrip.

bato
07-15-2003, 12:00 AM
For dishplayers 7x00 and Dishpvr 501/508 you have to remove the drive, then put the drive in your PC and then run dishrip (for dishplayer) or PVRdSE/PVRConv. You will end with elemental files (m2v/m2a) or program stream (mpg) files.

Then you need to use mpeg2vcr to mux/edit/cut/join/GOPfix, but jdiner is trying to make TyTool work with the mpg from a dishplayer, so maybe in the near future (at least for dishplayer) will be mux/tytool to edit the files.

IndieRockSteve
07-15-2003, 11:28 AM
tell them to buy a series 1 tivo and some good cables(at a minumum get Monster), then hook up the 301 to their tivo.

From my experience this setup(though from my digital cable box) provides a level of quality that more than exceeds the needs for all non-HDTV televisions. (of course, use BEST for the recording level).
It also works amazingly well for transcoding to SVCD(DVD I dunno, but I'd assume the same).

I'm actually going to get Dish soon, and will be doing this. In fact my 301 is in the mail...

VideoJedi
07-17-2003, 03:04 PM
I have a dishplayer and rip off it ruitinely. Adding a removeable harddrive bay is one of the greatest mods you will appreciate.

Stephen
05-25-2004, 10:17 AM
**Bump

I havent followed the tytools threads in a long time.... has any headway been made on tytools for this? I was asked again and he has dishrip installed and ripped a couple of moves... any steps after that would be appreciated..

FYI Dishrips fourms stink for searching for info on this

captain_video
05-25-2004, 09:19 PM
TyTools has come a long way. You can now extract and edit with frame-accurate cuts and create a set of DVD-compliant VOB files. You can also author and create a fileset directly in TyTools with menus, multiple titles, background images, and chapter stops.

malfunct
05-27-2004, 05:33 PM
TyTools has come a long way. You can now extract and edit with frame-accurate cuts and create a set of DVD-compliant VOB files. You can also author and create a fileset directly in TyTools with menus, multiple titles, background images, and chapter stops.

It would not have support for streams in the dishplayer format, it also does not support editing of non-tivo streams very well at all. If you get it to work you are darn lucky and also completely unsupported.