PDA

View Full Version : DDB banned from TCF!

captain_video
07-16-2003, 02:57 PM
In case anyone's interested, the mere mention of the DealDataBase forum in any of the Tivo Community Forums is automatically censored with a bunch of asterisks. If you post a link to this site the first part of the URL automatically gets "bleeped out." How's that for keeping your membership in the dark and away from the truth?

I posted a reply in a thread whereby someone was asking if it was possible to delete the recording history on a DTivo. Of course, we have the EditTitle utility so I indicated that such a program exists and posted a link to the thread that discussed it with the original file for download. I was amazed to see that the link didn't function because of the automatic censoring. I was even more amazed when one of the long-time members there kept insisting that it was not possible to do what I suggested without "extensive hacking" and emphatically insisted that it couldn't be done (in more than one post, I might add). David Bott and his cronies have really got their drones brainwashed into believing that their way is the only way and anything else is sacrelige.

Adolf Bottler
07-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Perhaps, but they have not banned links to http://64.21.8.90/forum/ or http://*******.com/h50o

This is a battle that we can win.

AlphaWolf
07-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Two words: **** 'em.

BubbleLamp
07-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Adolf Bottler
Perhaps, but they have not banned links to http://64.21.8.90/forum/ or http://*******.com/h50o

This is a battle that we can win.

It's not a battle, stop trying to make it one!

David Bought
07-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp

It is a fight for free speech and for freedom of knowledge.

By using obfuscated links to make a point, users can show the censors that their cynical attempts to restrict the legitimate subject matter that users can link to and read about will not stand.

These dealdatabase forums do not discuss bomb-making, bridge-cable cutting, or TiVo/DSS service theft. There is no justification whatsoever for the AVS censors to artificially restrict the free flow of information by blocking this site.

If AVS were Microsoft, that move would have landed them in court.

poppagene
07-16-2003, 07:28 PM

Agreed. It's their choice and their loss.

BubbleLamp
07-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by David Bought
It is a fight for free speech and for freedom of knowledge.

By using obfuscated links to make a point, users can show the censors that their cynical attempts to restrict the legitimate subject matter that users can link to and read about will not stand.

These dealdatabase forums do not discuss bomb-making, bridge-cable cutting, or TiVo/DSS service theft. There is no justification whatsoever for the AVS censors to artificially restrict the free flow of information by blocking this site.

If AVS were Microsoft, that move would have landed them in court.

Start your own web site and set your own rules then. Nobody said these sites are democratic. They are owned and run by people, who are totally within their right to restrict the discussions as they see fit. Just like DTV hacking is off limits here. You hate the other site so much, don't go there! You're the loser if you can't understand that.

Adolf Bottler
07-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Start your own web site and set your own rules then. Nobody said these sites are democratic. They are owned and run by people, who are totally within their right to restrict the discussions as they see fit. Just like DTV hacking is off limits here. You hate the other site so much, don't go there! You're the loser if you can't understand that.

I am deeply sorry to see that you have chosen to side with the censors on this issue. Mr. Bought is obviously trying to raise the quality of discussion at AVS; if he hated the site he would not care enough to try to improve it.

It is a sad day indeed when a man can be attacked for standing up for the principals in which he believes.

onyx00
07-16-2003, 08:52 PM
I gotta somewhat agree with BubbleLamp on this one.

If I had posted links to some of the now shut down DSS hacking sights the same may have been done here.

Screw TCF, let them be in the dark. Who cares.

Adolf Bottler
07-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by onyx00
I gotta somewhat agree with BubbleLamp on this one.

If I had posted links to some of the now shut down DSS hacking sights the same may have been done here.

DSS hacking always was illegal. We know this because we have seen people go to prison for it.

This site has never provided information on illicit activities and therefore AVS's liability is indisputably zero.

Silverdude
07-16-2003, 09:26 PM
This site has never provided information on illicit activities and therefore AVS's liability is indisputably zero. [/B]

BULL SHIT!

07-16-2003, 09:31 PM
I agree with BL. Tivocommunity is paid for by Tivo (in fact used to be on their servers). Tivo can set those type of rules.

It's just as easy to PM the poster or post something like, digital extraction can't be discussed here, do google search if you want more information. If the person can't find dealdatabase with that kind of hint (first 5 hits) they'll probably be lost once theY get here.

CV for someone with a stock tivo, using a program like edit title does require extensive hacking. I agree if the Tivo already has a bash prompt and a serial cable THEN it's easy.

captain_video
07-16-2003, 09:43 PM
It's just as easy to PM the poster

I also forgot to mention that any PM's going through TCF are also censored. Now that's a direct violation of my First Amendment rights, I don't give a rat's ass who owns and operates the forum. If I want to send someone a private message then what friggin' right does the TCF have to censor it?

I can understand not wanting other forums mentioned there as the TCF is supported by advertisors and other sponsors besides Tivo. There is one advantage to owning and operating a forum - if you don't want something discussed you simply don't allow it. There's no such thing as free speech in a lot of forums for that simple reason. Check out the DVDXCopy forums at Afterdawn.com for a perfect example. The bottom line is that if you don't like what goes on there then just don't patronize the forum. It's no great loss to me if I never go there again but I have this overwhelming urge to tell others the truth about what Tivo hacking is really all about and not what David Bott and his gestapo want you to believe.

That's what's so great about these forums at DDB. We can talk about most anything we like as long as it stays pretty much on topic and even then nothing gets censored. I, for one, am grateful that we have a place like this where we can gather and share our views and experiences about a hobby we all enjoy.

BubbleLamp
07-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by captain_video
I also forgot to mention that any PM's going through TCF are also censored. Now that's a direct violation of my First Amendment rights, I don't give a rat's ass who owns and operates the forum. If I want to send someone a private message then what friggin' right does the TCF have to censor it?

So are postings to AOL forums monitored. If you want to send PM, then do it via email. Sending it thru the vBulletin system is not private!

You guys seem to protest an awful lot about a site you don't care about. :rolleyes:

Why don't you guys take this bitch session to Fox news and have Bill O. cover it. :D

srs
07-16-2003, 11:18 PM
I also forgot to mention that any PM's going through TCF are also censored. Now that's a direct violation of my First Amendment rights
...snip...

Did the GOVERNMENT censor it? No. Then it has absolutely nothing to do with the constitution. Quit being obtuse.

General_Disarry
07-16-2003, 11:21 PM

I am a first amendment advocate. I hate to see censoring/editing. The truth will win out in the end.

But when you send PM's, you cost them money. Same with posts. They have every right to control what you send/post and how their bandwidth is used as long as it is known what is objectionable.

I hate some of the rules here, but truthfully, if the owner of this site doesn't want Barney the "Cute Purple Dinosaur" discussed here because Barney is SATAN, that is within his rights. He pays the bills.

BTW , Barney is Satan!!!

Barney:

Purple Dinosaur,

or Devil in Disquise?

Did you know that by using Latin, Barney the Dinosaur can easily be linked to Satan? Check it out:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Start with the given: CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR

2) Change all U's to V's (which is proper Latin anyway): CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR

3) Extract all Roman Numerals: C V V L D I V

4) Convert into Arabic values: 100 5 5 50 500 1 5

5) Add all the numbers: 666

Thus, Barney is Satan.

Santa is Satan as well. If you move just 2 letters in Santa, you get Satan!:eek:

AlphaWolf
07-17-2003, 02:27 AM
Theres another liberty protected by the first ammendment besides free speech, and that isn't about protecting the costs of a web forum host. Imagine if a satanic cult was allowed to walk en masse into a christian church every sunday and start shoving their beliefs all over everybody? It would piss them all off wouldn't it? They have the right to believe what they want and practice their religion as they choose, uninterrupted. In a way you can say that TCF is excersizing their right to the freedom of their beliefs.

A heckler's veto is also generaly an acceptable loophole to the first ammendment (If you don't know what a heckler's veto is, just picture what democrats like to do to people who actualy make sense when they speak :D ).

captain_video
07-17-2003, 08:58 AM
OK, so going off on a First Amendment rant was admittedly a bit of a stretch. Still, I find it somewhat ironic that the TCF is now blocking any and all references to this site with every means at their disposal. Based on what has been posted about PMs, the use of the word "private" is actually an oxymoron in this case and has nothing to do with privacy whatsoever.

The TCF actually has a lot of good members and I'd recommend it for learning basic Tivo stuff such as doing a hard drive upgrade. The management there is another story altogether. There are, however, a lot of individual's there that don't like it when you rock the boat and start telling the whole truth about Tivo hacking. Sometimes I feel like I'm about to be chased out of town by villagers waving torches and pitchforks whenever I post there or contradict any of the "experts".

David Bought
07-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm about to be chased out of town by villagers waving torches and pitchforks whenever I post there or contradict any of the "experts".

This happens because the admins and TiVo believe that breeding a crowd of raving zealots is more productive than recruiting normal everyday TiVo users to the board.

What the marketing department does not realize is that these zealots are counterproductive to their efforts to attract normal consumers to the TiVo platform.

Generiq
07-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
... just picture what democrats like to do to people who actualy make sense when they speak :D ).

Listen... and wish they were in Congress with them... or at least that one of them was President?!?

Heh - just kiddin'... I vote issues and candidates - not parties. :D

AlphaWolf
07-17-2003, 02:20 PM

What the marketing department does not realize is that these zealots are counterproductive to their efforts to attract normal consumers to the TiVo platform.

Heh, yeah, they do act as if everybody in the world would never in their right mind wants to pull video off of their tivo and put it elsewhere.

Adolf Bottler
07-17-2003, 02:34 PM
This happens because the admins and TiVo believe that breeding a crowd of raving zealots is more productive than recruiting normal everyday TiVo users to the board.

Mr. Bought, you're normally right on the money but I've got to go ahead and disagree with you here. It seems that you yourself are guilty of a similar "zealot" mentality, with your passionate stance against service theft. Many mainstream users here do not believe that DIRECTV(R) should be compensated for their efforts to broadcast 225 high quality digital channels across America, yet your opposition to these users' very personal and very private decisions in how they obtain satellite service places you at the extreme end of the spectrum. Would you not consider yourself somewhat of a "zealot" not unlike the automatons who inhabit TivoCommunity.com?

Is this not a case of the pott calling the kettle black?

JJBliss
07-17-2003, 03:59 PM

Is this not a case of the pott calling the kettle black?

Don't you mean the "bott" calling the kettle black?

You're a weird dude, man.

Silverdude
07-17-2003, 04:48 PM
I am amazed by people that accept the amount of hacking they are doing as "legit" but berate others for going farther.

After all, stealing a nickle is stealing is it not? And "fair use" is a defendants term, corporations called copywrite infringemnt.
etc...

Drawing lines in the sand at your toes is all fine and good, unless the guy standing behind you has drawn a line at your heals. Especially if that guy is a corporate lawyer looking for a promation.

I think it is time to stop pointing where people are drawing lines before the whole thing we are going gets messed up.

Also, my last point, not answering a question because you do not agree with where i drew my line is childish. If i cannot get extreme2.5 to install and need help does it really matter if i have a legit sub or not? Are you going to ask? Does it really matter?

SD

David Bought
07-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Silverdude
I am amazed by people that accept the amount of hacking they are doing as "legit" but berate others for going farther.

That is why I fully support drawing lines based on the letter of the law. There is no question as to where the law stands on these activities, so by helping the general public obey the law of the land everybody wins.

Also, my last point, not answering a question because you do not agree with where i drew my line is childish. If i cannot get extreme2.5 to install and need help does it really matter if i have a legit sub or not? Are you going to ask? Does it really matter?

So.... that sounds a lot like:

'Not selling a gun to somebody because you do not agree with where he drew his line is childish. If somebody wants to buy a gun from me it is none of my damn business whether or not he wants to shoot his wife with it.'

Ever heard the term, "aiding and abetting"? Some of us (myself included) have no interest whatsoever in helping others commit a felony, because we have actually learned (unlike so many others) that our actions have consequences.

And if you're too <EXPLETIVE DELETED> stupid to use a one-step imaging tool such as 2.5xtreme, frankly, you deserve to pay The Man for service (or get caught trying to steal it). You do not have a right to steal, period. If you cannot figure out how to get something for free on your own, you do not deserve to get it for free under any circumstances. Sharing information on how to steal is called "conspiracy" and you can go to prison for it.

squrl
07-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Who in hell is TCF?

JJBliss
07-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by squrl
Who in hell is TCF?

Tivo Community Forum

It might have made more sense, if you read the entire thread.

Silverdude
07-17-2003, 07:19 PM
That is why I fully support drawing lines based on the letter of the law

You may have missed part of my point. There is a HUGE grey area that does not fit "The Letter of the Law". eg Mod chips in Xbox, PS2, re programing a Tivo prom for any reason, video extraction its self, and the noscramble.o mod in peticular. Also the Hcam mod, and the P3cam mod for 3.1, both may have legit uses can be used illegally. Even the noppv.tcl and mvchannels.tcl have legit uses.

I think it should be hard to have such a self ritious attitude towards others when the entire area of revease engineering someone elses technology may be a violation of some laws; even if you do not think so, Tivo or DTV or M$ may not agree at all.

SD

PS Just because someone has a problem they cannot figure out, that does NOT make them stupid. Uninformed. Silly me, i thought the point of forums was to inform, and/or help inform.

SD

David Bought
07-17-2003, 08:14 PM
You may have missed part of my point. There is a HUGE grey area that does not fit "The Letter of the Law". eg Mod chips in Xbox, PS2, re programing a Tivo prom for any reason, video extraction its self, and the noscramble.o mod in peticular. Also the Hcam mod, and the P3cam mod for 3.1, both may have legit uses can be used illegally. Even the noppv.tcl and mvchannels.tcl have legit uses.

That is why we allow the courts to make the decision for us. What are you finding to be so difficult about this?

Reprogramming a tivo prom, video extraction, and noscramble.o are okay because nobody has gone to jail for anything remotely relating to these mods. They are mentioned and promoted in the open by TechTV, and the majority of their users will not attempt to break the law using these hacks.

The cam mods for the Tivo are not okay because about two dozen people have been incarcerated (in the past year alone) due to the only activities that are facilitated by this mod: illegal and unauthorized reception of satellite programming service. The cam mods are illegal circumvention devices that serve only to bypass a protection of a copyrighted work, and are widely used as such.

The noppv mod and the mvchannels mod, while serving no useful purpose on an honest user's box, do not directly circumvent an access control mechanism and therefore are not subject to criminal penalties. Therefore discussion of these hacks is okay.

The dealdatabase rules are there for a reason: to keep the board from being an accomplice in the felonious activities of many of its members. These are not my rules but you need to look harder if you can't see the obvious logic in them.

Silverdude
07-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Reprogramming a tivo prom, video extraction, and noscramble.o are okay because nobody has gone to jail for anything remotely relating to these mods

Just because no one has gone to jail does not make it legal. Weed was illegal for months before someone went to jail.

The cam mods for the Tivo are not okay because about two dozen people have been incarcerated (in the past year alone) due to the only activities that are facilitated by this mod:

May people who had Hcards bought Dtivos and wanted to use there existing cards, so hacking the boot299, enabled that. As with the P3 and the 3.1 software. Legit sub on P3, but wants to use the 3.1 software (why? I dont know.)

They are mentioned and promoted in the open by TechTV

TechTV also talked openly about modding an Xbox. People have gone to jail for sell mod chips. M$ considers them illegal.

My point is simply we should not judge people that have crossed the legal/illegal line farther than we have. TCF is doing it to DDB. People here are doing to other people. Topics should be off limits, i just hate people being berated for asking a question, when its the answer that causes the problem.

DDB has set the rules, most of us understand them. Lets help people were we can, tell them nicely when we can not, and out nasty opinious about others activities to our selves. If someone does not want to answer a question because is may be illegal then dont answer.

SD

David Bought
07-17-2003, 11:55 PM
May people who had Hcards bought Dtivos and wanted to use there existing cards, so hacking the boot299, enabled that. As with the P3 and the 3.1 software. Legit sub on P3, but wants to use the 3.1 software (why? I dont know.)

That's funny, my T-60 came with an HU card. What's also funny is that DTV is and always was happy to replace a compromised card with the new generation, especially for PVR owners.

Again, only thieves needed this hack.

My point is simply we should not judge people that have crossed the legal/illegal line farther than we have. TCF is doing it to DDB. People here are doing to other people. Topics should be off limits, i just hate people being berated for asking a question, when its the answer that causes the problem.

People like you who are unwilling to take a moral stance on an issue have caused the decline of our once great society. Why do you think people today feel that it is acceptable to lie, cheat, and steal their way through life? Why is sodomy and adultery considered "the norm"? It's because the rules are "there" but nobody wants to offend anybody else by enforcing societal norms.

Well screw it, I don't care who I offend - I stand up for what is right. We are all brothers and sisters here, and I owe the community nothing less. Aiding and abetting thieves is wrong, and it will not be tolerated here.

Adolf Bottler
07-18-2003, 12:15 AM
People like you who are unwilling to take a moral stance on an issue have caused the decline of our once great society. Why do you think people today feel that it is acceptable to lie, cheat, and steal their way through life? Why is sodomy and adultery considered "the norm"? It's because the rules are "there" but nobody wants to offend anybody else by enforcing societal norms.

Well screw it, I don't care who I offend - I stand up for what is right. We are all brothers and sisters here, and I owe the community nothing less. Aiding and abetting thieves is wrong, and it will not be tolerated here.

And people call me a nazi? ROFL

BubbleLamp
07-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Aiding and abetting thieves is wrong, and it will not be tolerated here.

Who died and put you in charge here?

AlphaWolf
07-18-2003, 01:54 AM

Well screw it, I don't care who I offend - I stand up for what is right.

An honorable trait, plain and simple...

Why is sodomy and adultery considered "the norm"? It's because the rules are "there" but nobody wants to offend anybody else by enforcing societal norms.

...but your religious beliefs shouldn't impede on the liberties of others, especialy when they do not do any harm to anybody else.

captain_video
07-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Why can't we all just get along?

onyx00
07-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Can we stop f%king around and actually do something productive; by-pass tier check for 3.1......j/k ;)

Silverdude
07-18-2003, 01:03 PM

Thanks Cap'

He feels so proud that he can "tell it like it is". I can to, but there is no point in being nasty about this. Also, what is so "An honorable trait, plain and simple..." about being a ****?

Last point. Whats wrong with sodomy? The Christian Right piss me off! Hows that for telling it like it is!

SD

Adolf Bottler
07-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by onyx00
Can we stop f%king around and actually do something productive; by-pass tier check for 3.1......j/k ;)

This is not a difficult hack to develop, but it is not distributed because it would undoubtedly make the service theft problem even worse - kind of like nozkt. I believe that Mr. Bought was responsible for that decision.

Silverdude: I don't hear the question, "what's wrong with sodomy?" often. Is there something you want to tell us? :)

squrl
07-18-2003, 02:06 PM
jjbliss....

You missed the point, *****.
With that said I think I have had enough. Please remove me from your registration list or whatever it is you do. I wont be back.

Thanks to captain video, mrblack51, alphawolf and a few others for the learning help given over the last couple years.

PS: I did read the whole thread.

Silverdude
07-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Silverdude: I don't hear the question, "what's wrong with sodomy?" often. Is there something you want to tell us? :)

Actually i am happily married, never practice sodomy. But that doesnt change the fact that it is none of my business how two adults conduct thier private lives.

What is it about you that wants to know if people are practising sodomy? Why do you really care?

SD

Adolf Bottler
07-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Actually i am happily married, never practice sodomy. But that doesnt change the fact that it is none of my business how two adults conduct thier private lives.

What is it about you that wants to know if people are practising sodomy? Why do you really care?

SD

I was only joking.. keep your panties on.

And I didn't even bring it up (and FYI I don't care) - somebody else in the thread did.

BubbleLamp
07-18-2003, 03:18 PM

Heh, you started this mess Cap! Now can you find a way to end it before we get into a discussion of the Iraq war?!:D

captain_video
07-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I guess I opened up a Pandora's box but I never expected it to turn into this much of a shitstorm. I think it's gotten a bit off topic from what I originally posted but I guess that's to be expected. Ironically, I was browsing through the TCF and stumbled across this thread with the same (original) discussion coming from the other side. I think most of you will recognize some familiar names in the thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122383

JJBliss
07-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by squrl
jjbliss....

You missed the point, *****.
With that said I think I have had enough. Please remove me from your registration list or whatever it is you do. I wont be back.

Thanks to captain video, mrblack51, alphawolf and a few others for the learning help given over the last couple years.

PS: I did read the whole thread.

Did you call ME and *****?!?!

WOW.. That's rough.

I guess I did miss your point. It was hard to decipher one out of four words and an acronym. I am sorry that I thought you didn't read the whole thread. I meant you should have read the single post that used the long form of Tivo Community Forum before they started to use the shortened TCF.

I will not ban you, or remove you from the "registration list or whatever". Instead I will leave your account active so that when you inevitabley DO come back, you can continue to read all the things that the smart folks here do to make YOUR DTivo experience better.

However, please don't post anything else, or let anyone know you still read the forums, and it will SEEM like you've been removed.

JJ Bliss

AlphaWolf
07-18-2003, 08:13 PM
Thanks Cap'

He feels so proud that he can "tell it like it is". I can to, but there is no point in being nasty about this. Also, what is so "An honorable trait, plain and simple..." about being a ****?

Last point. Whats wrong with sodomy? The Christian Right piss me off! Hows that for telling it like it is!

SD

Well, for example, if one supports soddomy, it offends the christians. Keeping that in mind, do you support it anyways because you still think it is right? Or would you consider it being an ass if you offended the christians, and therefore not stand up for it?

Prosecution rests :D

BTW, just to set the record strait, I am a primarily athiest panthiestic-agnostic (you should go look those two up in a dictionary if you don't know what they mean) Do not confuse me for ned flanders :cool:

captain_video
07-20-2003, 08:50 PM
On an upbeat note, I had been posting replies in a thread at TCF about EditTitle when asked if there was any way to restore deleted shows. I have indicated that there is another forum not allowed to be referenced in the TCF that goes above and beyond the topics allowed for discussion at TCF. I left word for anyone interested to PM me for the link. Due to the TCF software setup any previous references were being bleeped in my posts and PMs. I inserted David Bought's URLs posted at the beginning of this thread and it looks like we're going to see a lot of new members here. I've been inundated with PMs asking for the link to the "best Tivo hacking forum on the net". In fact, I just received two PM's from the TCF while writing this.

JJBliss
07-21-2003, 11:03 PM
And in case anyone's interested, TCF deleted the thread that was there, on censorship.

How's that for ironic ?

Adolf Bottler
07-21-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by JJBliss
And in case anyone's interested, TCF deleted the thread that was there, on censorship.

How's that for ironic ?

Just searched TCF for "censorship".

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Mein fuhrer would be proud. It's their right but what a sad, sad statement it makes about how they run their board.

Zirak
07-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Actually i am happily married, never practice sodomy.

SD

MAN, you need to get a more compliant wife! :D

Silverdude
07-22-2003, 11:44 AM
MAN, you need to get a more compliant wife!

:D I will mention it to her, see what she says! :D

Actually i am more of a prude! I just to not believe that my prudeness should be forced onto other people.

I am very much against gay marriages, but that is my opinion, and as such, i DO NOT believe i have the right to tell some else they are not allow to get married.

SD

PS Arrogant people piss me off too!
PPS Arrogant:
Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

David Bought
07-22-2003, 12:56 PM
I am very much against gay marriages, but that is my opinion, and as such, i DO NOT believe i have the right to tell some else they are not allow to get married.

At some point in your life you have to ask yourself - is this the kind of world you want your children to grow up in? Do you want them to spend their adolescence fending off pro-gay propaganda that encourages them to "try" a sinful and hazardous lifestyle?

If not, it's time to take a stand and stop worrying about who you might offend.

AlphaWolf
07-22-2003, 01:09 PM

Sodomy doesn't imply gay, sodomy just means anal or oral sex. In all honesty, if soddomy were strictly a gay thing, then I wouldn't support it either. (can't exactly say I would oppose it though)

BubbleLamp
07-22-2003, 01:21 PM
This post started off bad and has gotten worse. Can we please take the morality discussions someplace else?! It has no place in a DTivo hacking forum.

captain_video
07-22-2003, 02:49 PM
I agree. Not only did this thread take a wrong turn but it ran right off a cliff!

SR712
07-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Which brings us to .... Cliff... how is Cliff?

JJBliss
07-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Well, the popular consensus is that this thread has gone awry.

I think that censorship issues can be an interesting topic for discussion, but most probably in another more general forum.

Let's leave it here for a few hours/days. Then it will be moved to the Chit Chat forum.

If it continues to go south, it will be closed.

JJ Bliss

raj2001
08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
In case anyone's interested, the mere mention of the DealDataBase forum in any of the Tivo Community Forums is automatically censored with a bunch of asterisks. If you post a link to this site the first part of the URL automatically gets "bleeped out." How's that for keeping your membership in the dark and away from the truth?

THis is not really that new. This has been this way for a few months, IIRC.

PVRExtreme.com (a site selling turbonet "workalike" cards) was also on the censored list, along with who knows what else.

Vadim
08-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Guys,
Forget tivocommunity's rules. Please don't use David's picture in your avatars! I will remove them if I see them, should you use them again I will have to remove your access to using avators at all. Thanks for your understanding.

captain_video
08-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks for that, Vadim. While I can appreciate the irony and satire intended by the use of his picture as an avatar, it was getting kind of creepy seeing his face all over the forums.

raj2001
08-06-2003, 05:00 AM
I agree, seeing David here was sorta funny at first, but I think it's just not right to misuse the man's picture.

I did like the picture where the person did "adolf bottler" though....