PDA

View Full Version : Does enyone have a blueprint for UTV, or can help?

Edocecrous
07-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Hi!

When i made a backup of the UTV OS, the ribbon cable which connects the motherboard to the front panel came halfway out, and shorted out.

One of the small (resistor/capacitor/diode) burned out. The others are too small to unsolder and check what the heck is it. If someone knows, or has a blueprint, that would be good.

The UTV is working fine, just the front panel went dead...

My guess is it's a small resistor or diode. But i don't want to ruin (any further) my unit, so i need to know for shure...

I can send a picture, showing which part i need info on.
(it's the lowest resistor? from the bunch to the left of the ribbon connector. One of the tiny square thingies...

THX,
Edocecrous

apn64
07-18-2003, 12:44 PM
There's a SOny W60 service manual and/or schematics floating around on the net. I don't have the URL with me, but you might be able to find it via Google.

If you haven't found it by the time I get home, I'll post a link.

GL!

Update: http://www.public.asu.edu/~rwultsch/utv.html#Schematics:

BlueCop
07-18-2003, 03:36 PM
ok its right here on this very forum. BAM right next to the home button up there it says search

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20434

maloney
08-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Edocecrous, I did the exact same thing to my UTV. Like you, my front panel is inoperative - neither the lights or buttons work.

I was wondering if you had come to any sort of fix. If you managed to get it working again, please let me know what you did - and what pieces on the board you found had been damaged.

Thanks.

azbill
08-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Hi fellow utv owners - I have a RCA490RE that has a broken card reader and that caused a short that burned out one of the "little square things". I don't have a clue as to what to do or can be done with it, any help/advice will be appreciated. I also posted where the schematics were, hoping to get a schematic too. AZBill

apn64
08-14-2003, 01:35 PM
No offence bill, but one who describes "little square things" on the UTV mainboard might do more harm than good when armed with a schematic ;)

We have a little adage at the office never trust a (software) programmer with a screwdriver :)

azbill
08-14-2003, 02:31 PM
:) Hey anp64 no offence taken! There's another one that says if the shoe fits wear it! I got laugh from it, thanks! In fact I am an old software weenie! Have a good one! AZBill