PDA

View Full Version : Xupgrade question

jwmghf
07-21-2003, 12:06 AM
This is from step A. #3 of the Xupgrade readme:

(you only need to flash the prom if you did not flash it with current install, not necessary for v25xtreme)

I currently have 25Xtreme on my drives. I do not beleive I ever flashed the prom. In order to upgrade to 2.52 do I need to flash it or no? I think I do not have to but wanted to confirm before continuing.

Thanks,

jwmghf

fixn278
07-21-2003, 12:16 AM
If you used 25xtreme, then it flashed the prom for you already the first time it was installed.

jwmghf
07-21-2003, 07:47 AM
I tried to upload 2.52. I hooked up drive A, started the Xupgrade cd, went through all the Linux bootup jargon, and at the # I typed in:

upgrd252.sh

Enter device name of your DTivo 'a' drive [hdb, hdc, hdd]?

I enter: hdc (my primary a drive is on secondary master)

mounting hdc4...
mounting hdc9...

unsupported Tivo software ver. 2.0.1.Z16, aborting

cleaning up...

/#

That's it. I already loaded 25Xtreme on the drive(s). The only thing I didn't do is put them back in the Tivo and let the unit boot up while being connected to the sattelite. I went from loading 25Xtreme to trying to load the 2.52 upgrade. Could this be the prob?

Thanks,

jwmghf

PS. The unit had ver 3 on it before I formatted the drives and loaded up 25Xtreme

captain_video
07-21-2003, 08:58 AM
You can't install 2.5Xtreme and the 2.5.2 upgrade back-to-back. You've got to do the complete 2.5Xtreme installation and then put the drives back in the DTivo, let it flash the EEPROM and reboot, and then let it rebuild the database. When it gets to the screen to acquire the satellite signal shut down the DTivo and perform the 2.5.2 upgrade. Here's a little tip for you: if you leave the sat feeds to the DTivo disconnected during the 2.5 installation you won't have to do a Clear Program Data & To Do List following the 2.5.2 upgrade. That way the guide data is acquired from scratch with 2.5.2 installed and your locals will come in right away.

jwmghf
07-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Hi Captain:

I'm up and running. Thanks for your tip. It worked like a charm.

Where can I find out what type of hacks are included in 2.52?

Thanks,

jwmghf

captain_video
07-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Try looking in the readme file for the upgrade. You can download it from the first page of the upgrade sticky thread in the DTivo hacking forum. If you look on page 5 of the thread SZ posted a list of the hacks that are included. If you have a list of the xPlusz commands then you should already know what hacks are there (hint: you need xPlusz to activate every single one of them, or at least just the ones you want).

tryingtogetby
08-27-2003, 02:35 PM
captain,

i did exactly what you and others suggested. i loaded 2.5 on a brand new hd. let it set up and flash the prom. shut down and loaded 2.5.2 and reinstalled. however, the locals do not come in. i activated locals via the phone dialiing options... when i type in #60,9 i get 'invalid 9 reas=998 #60,9'. i thought i had loaded everything. is there another command to set up locals? thanks in advance for your help.

ttgb

+Demo
08-27-2003, 06:05 PM
I get the same error when I try to add the locals. If I try to #63 I get error 991. It would seem to me that Channels.dat is missing or something. I'm using a sub'ed HU with Sub'ed locals.

Thanks
Demo

ryanjames91201
08-28-2003, 08:57 AM
I get same 998 error...but my locals came in anyway.