PDA

View Full Version : Tystudio Editor Crashing, VI not working need help.

Cassius
07-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Ok well I've been trying to get vi to work on my tivo, and I can't do it. I've tried following the instructions in tutorial thread, but it doesn't work.

If I can't get vi to work, then is there another way to edit the files on my windows machine and then reupload them to the tivo.

Next problem is with tystudio editor. I was able to download a test show that I did, and when I open it in tystudio it says indexing until 49% then an error pops up:

TyEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So I have no clue what to do about that, so is there another program I can use to view/edit the .ty files.

Shr00m
08-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Cassius
Ok well I've been trying to get vi to work on my tivo, and I can't do it. I've tried following the instructions in tutorial thread, but it doesn't work.

If I can't get vi to work, then is there another way to edit the files on my windows machine and then reupload them to the tivo.

Next problem is with tystudio editor. I was able to download a test show that I did, and when I open it in tystudio it says indexing until 49% then an error pops up:

TyEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So I have no clue what to do about that, so is there another program I can use to view/edit the .ty files.

I am having this same problem, have you figured it out yet??

Thanks.

EDIT: Got it, I just used TyTools to convert the .ty file I d/l from the Tivo.

Cassius
08-04-2003, 12:55 PM
I just used Joe instead of vi, and I havn't gotten tystudio to work.

firemunky
01-28-2004, 08:24 AM

Thanks.

Can you explain what/how you did? I'm having the same problem here.

chino
01-28-2004, 09:57 AM

Thanks.

I could be mistaken, but here it goes.

Are you using a a Dtivo Series 2?

I have a Philip DSR 704 and monted it and all. Sleeper's iso 1.01 installs Kmem to stop video encryption, but it seems that with the newer receivers that doesn't work. check this out it might help you: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31213

djohn
01-28-2004, 06:05 PM
TyStudio does not work with S2 extractions very well if at all. Such incompatibility is documented on the TyStudio website.

captain_video
02-03-2004, 09:38 AM
TyStudio has not been ported to the MIPS platform and will not work on S2 Tivos. Stick with either TyTools (MIPS versions) or mfs_ftp for your extraction chores.

pdog
02-03-2004, 06:37 PM
I have the same "49%" problem indexing a .ty file extracted from my HDVR2. I'd be happy to provide a debug log if the author of tystudio wants more info about the problem.