PDA

View Full Version : fried my utv...looking for replacement chips

crfamer
07-21-2003, 11:23 PM
i had a chip go on my utv and cannot find anywhere to replace it...it is a card interface chip. i found it with philips and the number is tda8004t. the only distributor i found would sell in groups of 500. any help would be appreciated as i don't want to have to get rid of my utv yet.

Kazak
07-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Try Andrews Electronics (800) 289-0300

It might help to have the actual part number from the service manual you can find here.

Let us know if they can help.

Good luck...

kazak

klassic
07-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Kazak... I looked up the Sony part number for his chip and the Sony site doesn't list it for sale... yet the LNBP13 is still listed.
Wonder why only some chips are available?

crfamer
the Sony part number for the IC is 988501207
Sony and RCA parts are the same.

you can contact them at 1-800-488-SONY and ask if that part is available
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com

Only if Andrews was no help...

I think me and Kazak are the only people who have successfully received the correct parts from Sony in one try...:)

Kazak
07-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Hi klassic,

I just went to Sony's site and couldn't even get it to recognise the model # SATW60.

I'm needing D2312 and C2319 but no joy at the Sony site. I have not called them or Andrews yet. I found both parts at Mouser but want to add some stuff before placing the order. Also, just for the record, I got the wrong part twice from Sony but got the right part from Andrews. Then other people started getting the wrong part from Andrews. Strange.

Hopefully Andrews will be able to help crfamer...

klassic
07-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Correction... Kazak got jerked around for weeks by Sony.... I forgot that was you who discovered Sony's "flawed" system :confused:

I was the only person to get parts with-in 3 days (the right parts)

crfamer
07-24-2003, 05:34 AM
have been away and just got back.. will let you know how my luck turns out trying to find the part. thanks again for the help