PDA

View Full Version : Sony Standalone SVR2000, Xtreme?

CPotato
07-22-2003, 04:12 PM
I just got my hands on a Sony stand-alone SVR2000 can I use the same Xtreme 2.5 image/hacks that I used for my SATT60?

thanks

mrblack51
07-22-2003, 08:52 PM
short answer: no
long answer is a theoretical yes, but its not recommended, especially for newbies

CPotato
07-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Mrblack51,

so what do you suggest.. if all I want is tivo functionality without needing all the additional hacks.. could I run a touch command, so no call is needed? I believe theres a basic monthy sub on it right now because when I check the status, it states that system is in good standing.

mrblack51
07-22-2003, 11:48 PM
what do you mean "basic functionality"? if you think that 25xtreme will give you "lifetime" on a sa unit, thats simply not the case. the guide comes from tivo, via the modem or ethernet. dtivos get their guide from the satellite

CPotato
07-23-2003, 03:59 PM
mrblack51

to be more specific, I'm really not a newbie and have a bit of experience, just thought this was a newbie question and could not find anything on this topic doing a search.

I have a sub DTV Receiver I would like to hook up with this SVR2000. I would like basic functionality, like recording shows and view shows without having to get a lifetime sub.

If I have a DTV receiver hooked up would I get the guide from there?

If you can direct me to some reading or provide me with some guidance, I'm pretty sure I can do it.

thanks