PDA

View Full Version : Dtivo Hack - Model & Software?

TekGecko
07-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Alright - newbie here to tivo hacking. Ive spent the last few hours crusing the forums and other various sites trying to get a good grasp on where to start. However as always - questions remain unanswered - and im hoping I could get a few moments of someones time ( who knows what theyre doing :D ) to answer a few questions.

Right now I've got a DTV receiver w/ an HU card, and im looking to upgrade to a Tivo. From what I read, the Dtivo (dtv+tivo in one unit?) is the way to go over the standalone units.

My question is first off, will any model dtivo be hackable ( doubtful ), and if not - what models are the hackable ones?

Second, is 2.5Xtreme for dtivo? .. if so, does it allow for HU card use? I read that 31 only does P4.

Basically looking for a list of hackable units & what software is the most current and supports HU cards. I manage *nix/bsd boxes for a living - so the rest should be cake.

I appreciate your time - I know what it is like to answer the same newbie questions over and over on countless hours. I promise I'll make this short and sweet :) .. and of course, help out in the forums in whatever way possible.

Great resource, great info, great people.

Thanks Much!

-Jason
TekGecko

TekGecko
07-23-2003, 07:47 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24131&highlight=dtivo+model

Ah ha - found it. So basically any series 1 will work. I take it 2.5treme will run on all of those and unlock everything?

If so - everything I thought I knew was correct, besides not being sure if there are any series 2 units that will run HUs and be hackable. :)

-Jason
TekGecko

captain_video
07-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Try the tips posted in my signature below. A lot of our hacks may be borderline but we draw the line at any DTV hacking. We only discuss hacking the Tivo side of the box, not the DTV side. However, there are other sites out there that cover the topics you seek so you might want to do a search for some of them. Without going into detail, suffice it to say that an unhacked 3.1 OS will only work with a P4 card. The BlissTerPopper hack can be applied to 3.1 to allow the use of an Hu card. Hu cards can be used with any older OS version.

TekGecko
07-24-2003, 01:05 AM
So am I correct then in saying that you could use an HU card in a series 2 box as long as I apply that patch? You mentioned 'older software' - are you talking about running 2.5 on that machine? Or an older revision of the 3.X?

So if you can throw 2.5Xtreme on a series 2 machine and apply that patch to get it to work with an HU, why are the series 1s so popular? Seems like everyone wants their hands on those and not the series 2s?

Very informative - thanks captain_video

-Jason
TekGecko

JJBliss
07-24-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by TekGecko
So am I correct then in saying that you could use an HU card in a series 2 box as long as I apply that patch? You mentioned 'older software' - are you talking about running 2.5 on that machine? Or an older revision of the 3.X?

So if you can throw 2.5Xtreme on a series 2 machine and apply that patch to get it to work with an HU, why are the series 1s so popular? Seems like everyone wants their hands on those and not the series 2s?

Very informative - thanks captain_video

-Jason
TekGecko

All of Captain_Video's comments were referring to Series 1 DTivos