PDA

View Full Version : Activation from overseas(no);So Impossible even Just recording VCRtape? HowActivate??

hestory
07-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Several days after I bought Tivo HDR312, I had to go Korea for personal reason and now I am living overseas here.

My old HDR312, including two Quantum hard drives, is putting up a message that
"Phillips presents .. Almost there.."
when I try using it just for recording purpose.

Activation itself is impossible overseas even though
the customer want to subscribe to Tivo and DirectTV service.

Calling overseas itself for activation is not possible as a matter of course.

The best I can do with this poor orphan baby is using it just as a recording device.

I would just like to record the video source from usual analog video cassette tape and TV programs being broadcasted in this country as best I can here in this country.

But I have almost no idea about the things such as Tivonet card , Turbonet card, image copy etc in these forums and how they can be used with my Tivo product.

Do I have to buy one of this cards first and process next step or what ??

I would very appreciate for someone who is willing to
help me with this problem? Please explain to me step by step for me to escape from this labyrinth.

My email is hestory@empal.com.

Thank you
Jason

fixn278
07-24-2003, 02:15 PM
FYI. Posting the same question multiple times is considered rude. Please post your question only once. (Not that I care about the guys over at TC, but you posted this same question 8 times there!)

I am not sure exatly what you are asking for, but it sounds like since you can't subscribe overseas, you want a way to use the Tivo without a subscription. There are people who generate their own guide data, but I think there is little info here about it. If you search this board, there was a recent link to another board that dealt with generating guide info.

Good luck.

maharg18
07-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by fixn278
(Not that I care about the guys over at TC, but you posted this same question 8 times there!)

Awww... Come on, you know you care! ;)

n4zmz
07-25-2003, 01:01 PM
There are ways, you might want to check out the tivo_canada yahoo group.