PDA

View Full Version : Noppv among other issues

hashed
07-27-2003, 10:50 AM
I am trying to work through a difficult upgrade to 2.52, finally installed it so that some of the options are working.

I may not understand what noppv is supposed to do, but when recording some ppv movies, the dtivo asks to purchase, it seems as if these are the only ones that record, on the ones where it doesn't ask to purchase, it only records the first 5 minutes.

Do I need to just turn noppv off, or it is just not working properly?

Any ideas?

JJBliss
07-27-2003, 11:38 AM
noppv does NOT enable free pay per views.

noppv resets the flag in mfs that identifies the show as a pay per view, and sets it as a regular channel.

This is so you can schedule a recording far in advance like with normal channels, which you cannot do on a DTivo without this hack installed.

However, you still need to purchase your ppv either through DTV web site, or over the phone

I'm sure it says that somewhere in the instructions.

hashed
07-27-2003, 01:39 PM
So this feature disables the ability to purchase ppv's with my remote control?

That is what it looks like because before the upgrade, when i selected a future ppv i had the options of buy and record or buy and don't record... i don't have those options now on most ppv's and if i tell it to record, it doesn't buy it.

and i don't understand why it works on some ppv's and not on others...?

JJBliss
07-27-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by hashed
So this feature disables the ability to purchase ppv's with my remote control?

That is what it looks like because before the upgrade, when i selected a future ppv i had the options of buy and record or buy and don't record... i don't have those options now on most ppv's and if i tell it to record, it doesn't buy it.

and i don't understand why it works on some ppv's and not on others...?

Yes, it disables the ability to purchase ppv's with your remote.

Since you really don't understand what you should have been using the script for, you probably didn't load it with cron or a looping script, or with the daily call, so you have only converted a portion of the ppv guide.

ppv channels are updated regularly throughout the day. New ones will be set properly, while ones that have been touched with noppv will have the buy option removed.

My recommendation is to wait until the guide fully refreshes, or do a Clear and Delete Proram Data.

hashed
07-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Ok,
So if i want to just turn this off and go back to the old way, can i just do a #23,0 ?

will i still need to do a clear and delete, etc.?

what does the clear and delete --- delete exactly? and how do i do it?

thanks for the help!

JJBliss
07-27-2003, 02:03 PM
For you, the best option is a clear and delete everything after #23,0.

To do the Clear and Delete:

Tivo
Messages & Setup
System Reset
Clear Program Data & To Do List

It should be obvious from this what it clears and deletes. You will have to wait to reaquire your guide data, and you will erase all previous season passes, but existing recordings will stay.

hashed
07-27-2003, 02:08 PM
awsome... haven't setup my season passes yet... that should do the trick then.

the next thing on my list, which should fix me up is locals... my area has just started offering locals, so if i subscribe to them, will they just come in or do i have to do some of that mvchannels stuff?

problem is that since i just got locals available in this area, none of the faq's etc. have instructions/codes as to how to add them... everything is quite unclear as to a definite way to get them, etc. too.

thnaks again

JJBliss
07-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Just subscribe to the locals in your area.

Everything should be fine.

hashed
07-27-2003, 04:46 PM
alas, the final (for the time being) issue is when i try to enter a commnand (such as #23,0) in the call waiting prefix and press select, i get a message stating:
"terminating: 2 or more running"

what is this and how do i get rid of it... it seems like something is locked up preventing backdoor stuff from working.

i have tried rebooting with the same results.

thanks

JJBliss
07-27-2003, 06:34 PM
I have no expertice in xplusz, but try reading the included readme first:

Do not press <select> when "Accept and test new options" is highlighted because this
will cause a delay while the test call is attempted. When done with commands, use the
<left arrow>, <live tv> or <tivo> keys.

after that, you can also try running the command from bash:

xp <command>

hashed
07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
hmmm, command line xp gives the same error...
(terminating: 2 or more running), rc=1

???

hashed
07-28-2003, 06:21 PM
reinstall of xplusz worked.