PDA

View Full Version : more turbonet ? plus one restore ?

andrewc
07-28-2003, 10:30 PM
They just keep on coming. I am bound and determined to get the turbonet card working!

I have two choices: restore old image or keep messing with the reinstall of the turbocard.

So far I have not exhausted option #2. Anyone know how I can remove ALL the settings/drivers for the turbocard? What needs to be deleted? I tried removing the turbonet card and then reinserting, so far no luck.

When I first got my 2 hard drive Tivo I did a backup. I cannot remember if the drives were detected as hdc/hdb or hdd/hdc. Does this make a difference when I do the restore? If it helps I know which drive is Master/Slave.

Thanks,
AC

P.S. Sorry if I ask so many questions (although I think I'm still ahead of Benny).

captain_video
07-29-2003, 02:32 PM
What kind of Tivo do you have?
What have you done so far?

Drive designations are dependent on how you have them set up on your IDE buses.

hda = primary master
hdb = primary slave
hdc = secondary master
hdd = secondary slave

Make sure your jumpers are set according to their position on the IDE bus. MFS Tools will require the hdx designations when performing a backup/restore. The usual convention is as follows:

hda = original Windows C drive (don't use a Windows 2000 or Windows NT drive with NTFS; always use a FAT32 or FAT16 formatted DOS drive)
hdb = Tivo B drive
hdc = Tivo A drive
hdd = CD-ROM (set as 1st bootable device in BIOS)

andrewc
07-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Tivo PTV300 - 80 hours, 30GB + 45GB drives running 3.0

Not realizing with 3.0 you don't need to install any drivers, I installed the files from http://www.stevejenkins.com/tivo/downloads/ tbin.tar.gz, joe.tar.gz, tftpd

I made it to step 2.14 but the Tivo does not get an IP address. I then ran the nic_install program with the same results. I set a static IP address but get the same results.

When I added the drives to my PC, I set the jumpers per the Hinsdale doc but I thought they came up with these settings.

hda Win98
hdc Tivo Drive A (Master)
hdd Tivo Drive B (Slave)

When I did the backup I modified the mfsbackup command to backup hdc + hdd to hda.

Thanks,
AC