PDA

View Full Version : does tivoweb whatson work with HDVR2

tivomaster
07-31-2003, 06:06 PM
I got tivoweb up and running but it displays an error when I try to goto what's on... I have read where it does not work for dual tuners but does that mean it does not work at all? If so can I just remove the whatson.itcl from the modules directory?

TheWickedPriest
08-03-2003, 05:03 AM
Hmm, I don't have "whatson.itcl" in my version (1.9.4). But, yes, the "What's On" display works on my HDVR2, though only for one tuner.

To get tivoweb working on an HDVR2, you have to use MIPS binaries for the C portions instead of the included PPC binaries; plus there are some patches (posted in various threads here) for the TCL that make it work better on an HDVR2.

Here's a copy of what I'm using, minus the password I put in tivoweb.cfg. I've been meaning to post this for a while -- after I got the credits for the patches sorted out -- but I guess I can post it as is. This includes MIPS binaries, a couple of patches for use with the HDVR2 (it should still be compatible with other models as well, AFAIK), and has ALL the obfuscated anti-hacking crap removed. (base64dec is now used only for checking the password, like it's supposed to -- "altcss" is moved to an external theme, halloween.css; and the secret error messages encoded in the "finger" are just gone.)

tivomaster
08-05-2003, 04:16 PM
I never did get whatson to run but I did load your "cleaned" version of tivoweb. It is faster.... Looks good.

Thanks.

TheWickedPriest
08-05-2003, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I was misundertanding -- I see now that whatson.itcl is an add-on module from LJ. I was thinking of the "Current Channel" display on the Info page. I haven't looked into whatson.itcl, but I'll check it out later. I'm still just learning TCL myself, though. :-)