PDA

View Full Version : Severe Error has occured screen

chrisk
08-03-2003, 10:29 PM
I just added a new bigger harddrive to my philips series 1 tivo i used 25xtreme and now when it booted up i get a message saying severe error has occured leave reciever plugged in and phone line in for 3 hours. Anyone ever see this??

Thanks

captain_video
08-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Anyone ever see this??

No, just you and about 3,000 other people here. Sorry about the sarcastic comeback (I couldn't resist). Seriously, though. Don't sweat the green screen. It indicates an error in the Tivo file system and the Tivo is attempting to repair itself. It will usually clear on its own in as little as 15 minutes or as long as 48 hours. If it hasn't cleared by then you've got a problem. Try reloading 2.5Xtreme. If you still have a problem, try downloading the image again from a different source, if possible. It really helps if you have a wideband connection for downloading as the Xtreme image is easily corrupted using a dial-up connection.

lmurray
08-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Do you really have a s1 phillips tivo? Did you really mean to put the xtreme software on it? The xtreme software was originally designed to work w/ the s1 dtivos. Some have tried the xtreme software on the s1, but... I suggest if you don't make headway, to try to reload phillips s1 software from ftp.abs.net on it, and use hinsdales website to add the extra drive.

hope this helps,
-lloyd-

fixn278
08-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by lmurray
Do you really have a s1 phillips tivo? Did you really mean to put the xtreme software on it? The xtreme software was originally designed to work w/ the s1 dtivos. Some have tried the xtreme software on the s1, but... I suggest if you don't make headway, to try to reload phillips s1 software from ftp.abs.net on it, and use hinsdales website to add the extra drive.

hope this helps,
-lloyd-

Nothing I can see says it isn't a DTivo. It just says it's a series 1.

Titan
08-07-2004, 01:02 PM
I got the "severe error screen" today. Do I need to plug the dtivo to both the satellite and power feeds, or will power feed be sufficient? Thanks for any help.