PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket

awing_pilot
08-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Watching the tv this weekend, I saw the new features for NFL sunday ticket. One of the coolest features is on mon morning for dvr customers, you will get a set of highlight clips downloaded to your tivo. I am on 2.5 (not 2.5.2) will i be able to recieve this or is this just for 3.x tivo'ers??? thanks in advance

Awing:D

ktulu909
08-09-2003, 03:34 PM
I would like to know the same thing.except I have version 2.5.2

Is it going to be neccesary to to go to 3.1???And if so,have they gotten it straightened out to where you can use the P3 card with 3.1?

bigeazy000
08-14-2003, 12:55 AM
Does anyone have anything they can offer on this subject? I have put some thought into this, and unless the highlight clips are really brief, it seems like it would be a lot to transfer over the phone line every Sunday night.

fixn278
08-14-2003, 01:24 AM
I suspect you will have a difficult time getting answers to these questions for a few reasons.

1) People are not likely to spend time digging into 2.5 since it is established that 2.5.2 or 3.1 are needed for locals.

2) There is no "good" reason to use a P3 in a DTivo since subscribing will get you a P4.

3) All video comes down over the sat feed, so it unlikely this will come down via the phone line.

ktulu909
08-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by fixn278
I suspect you will have a difficult time getting answers to these questions for a few reasons.

2) There is no "good" reason to use a P3 in a DTivo since subscribing will get you a P4.

I can think of a ton of good reasons,they just can not be discussed here. :D:D:D

mrblack51
08-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ktulu909
I can think of a ton of good reasons,they just can not be discussed here. :D:D:D

if you know its not a topic for discussion, then why did you bring it up?

mrblack51
08-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by bigeazy000
Does anyone have anything they can offer on this subject? I have put some thought into this, and unless the highlight clips are really brief, it seems like it would be a lot to transfer over the phone line every Sunday night.

for the video that went into the showcases and such, the tivo has recorded the discovery channel late at night to get the video. i would imagine that the same technique would be used, with the video being recorded from a NFL sunday ticket channel.

ever since 2.5, showcases and tivolution magazine have come via the satellite. as such, i would imagine that this would continue to be the case.

awing_pilot
08-16-2003, 03:05 PM
I finaly updated to 2.5.2 so the 2.5 is out. but i'm glad to see that it seems to be a consenus that the video will come down over the sat feed and not the phone, since it (NFL TICKET) does not start till sep (regular season) i guess we'll all have to wait and see. Hopefully we will see some more posts on this as the time draws near.

thanks for everyones input

Awing

Sane-Dog
09-07-2003, 12:31 PM
I got 'call ext 721' If someone finds a solution, please post here.

Thanks to all that post on this forum!!

DRS6000 180Gig

fixn278
09-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Sane-Dog
I got 'call ext 721' If someone finds a solution, please post here.

Thanks to all that post on this forum!!

DRS6000 180Gig

Could mean one of two things....

1) Your card needs to be updated by DTV to reflect that you have purchased the package

2) You never purchased the package

If the first statement is true, then just call DTV and they can refresh the subsription info on your card

If the second is true, then call them and purchase the package

Sane-Dog
09-07-2003, 04:28 PM
I called DTV, and they said it was an issue with my Tivo. Channel 213 has said I was authorized for The Sunday Ticket, until this morning when I went to watch the Pregame show.

I upgraded my own Tivo, and don't think I will get support from them since I broke the seal.

This is legit paid for service,

Any advice?

I did hack the no-phone, because the tivo is in my basement, and I don't have a phone line down there.

Sane-Dog
Bytes.

mrblack51
09-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Sane-Dog
I called DTV, and they said it was an issue with my Tivo. Channel 213 has said I was authorized for The Sunday Ticket, until this morning when I went to watch the Pregame show.

I upgraded my own Tivo, and don't think I will get support from them since I broke the seal.

This is legit paid for service,

Any advice?

I did hack the no-phone, because the tivo is in my basement, and I don't have a phone line down there.

Sane-Dog
Bytes.

DTV reserves the right to disable stuff like NFL sunday ticket if you don't let your unit dial in. you might move it near a phone line and let it dial in to see if that helps.

awing_pilot
09-08-2003, 08:52 AM
I totally forgot to check my tivo this morning for the "highlights reel" anyone get it? if so which tivo version are you on 2.5.X or 3.X and did you have phone attached?

awing_pilot
09-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Ok I got home and hit the tivo button. right there on the menu was the little star icon with some Entertainment things to watch, totally bummed out i hit the tivo button again (see whats in my now playing menu). scrolled through.. nothing i wanted to see. hit tivo button one more time got me back to main tivo menu. this time next to the star it says NFL highlights.

I swear i almost wet my pants:D

So I watched them all. I went back to then main menu and every other time it seemed to switch showcases between my nfl and some boring entertainment crap.

anyway i'm on a philips dsr600 with 2.5.2 and xupgrade3.1.0

I am now officially a Happy camper

Jay-Hawks
09-20-2003, 08:57 AM
I am totally legal running 2.5.2 with Nophone but I am not getting the NFL Sunday ticket highlights. Is anyone else out there having any luck getting these things without being on 3.1?

Thanks

mrblack51
09-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Jay-Hawks
I am totally legal running 2.5.2 with Nophone but I am not getting the NFL Sunday ticket highlights. Is anyone else out there having any luck getting these things without being on 3.1?

Thanks

if you are running nophone, you may need to ensure that you have run sc.tcl. not sure if there is a special data group for sunday ticket, but the data groups are what control showcases and such.

awing_pilot
09-20-2003, 10:36 PM
I re did a dsr6000 this last wek. yo do have to run sc.tcl in order to get it if you have no phone. I realize i'm just repeating the last post... but i tested it out and confirmed it.

awing out

Sleeper
09-26-2003, 12:52 AM
I get the highlights. Can anyone suggest a method of concatenating them and moving them to the Now Playing list. I'd like to keep them around for a while. It would also be cool to just play them as one file/show.

copter
09-28-2003, 02:57 AM
I would also like to know how to transfer them to the now showing list so I can extract them to my PC.