PDA

View Full Version : tivoftpd stops responding

tivomaster
08-05-2003, 07:27 PM
HDVR2...

Every once in awhile tivoftpd just stops responding. I can ftp to it and it waits awile then I get a:

Connection closed by remote host.

I killed the tivoftpd and restarted it but it does not help. The only way so far to get it unlocked is reboot...
Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong?

snayte
09-25-2004, 06:34 PM
I have this problem as well.

TheWickedPriest
09-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Did you verify that it wasn't running after you killed it? You might have to use kill -9.

I've never seen this, but then I only run tivoftpd when I need it -- in fact, the only added service I leave running full-time is tnlited. I have this paranoia about using too much CPU or I/O, and interfering with recording or other functions. But tnlited is extremely stable and lightweight, and I can launch anything else from there.

buckeye1010
09-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Yep - I've had the same problem. I did a kill -9 and it still didn't work. I thought I had hosed my hacks! :) A reboot did take care of the problem. I've had it happen several times. I have a T-60 with the Cache Card.

Edit: I have the "c2" software and 160 (using 137) and a 120 GB drives. I have 512MB RAM and using wired eithernet.

blueman2
09-30-2004, 04:38 PM
I have the problem with tivoftpd 'going out to lunch' quite often. The only way I have dealt with this is to install 'Hack Manager' for TWP, which as a button to stop and then restart TivoFTP. This always resets it for me and then it works fine until the next time it just stops!

Oh, there is an updated version of tivoftpd that I installed recently. It includes some added features such as automatically using mode 755 for all files uploaded to the Tivo, which is a nice way to avoid the stupid 'non executable' issue. Since upgrading to that version, I have not noticed tivoftpd crashing much, so it might be worth a try. It is in this thread:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31653&highlight=Utilities+TPM