PDA

View Full Version : Do dtivo remotes worj on SA?

cojonesdetoro
08-06-2003, 11:56 PM
They seem to go cheaper on Ebay. I also read that there are defective dtivo remotes. Are these the ones one Ebay? Also, do dtivo remotes allow use of other remote codes? I have a second tivo now and would like to get another remote that'll talk to it only and not muck the other one.

Thanks.

mrblack51
08-07-2003, 12:40 AM
directivo remotes that are bad are the peanut dtivo remotes with the chan/page text on the channel up/down button. you can use any tivo remote on any tivo, but you have to run a script to get it to work. search for remote switching or similar terms and you should find the info.

fixn278
08-07-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by cojonesdetoro
They seem to go cheaper on Ebay. I also read that there are defective dtivo remotes. Are these the ones one Ebay? Also, do dtivo remotes allow use of other remote codes? I have a second tivo now and would like to get another remote that'll talk to it only and not muck the other one.

Thanks.

The remotes are not defective in the sense that they don't work, but they are very sluggish. I still have one that I use on occasion. It works fine, but takes almost a full second for the Tivo to respond.

captain_video
08-07-2003, 08:08 AM
I have a second tivo now and would like to get another remote that'll talk to it only and not muck the other one.

Check this link for info on setting up your Tivo remote to allow the use of multiple Tivos in the same room with no conflicts:

http://www.9thtee.com/tivotips.htm

P.S. The same info is in your Tivo manual.

cojonesdetoro
08-07-2003, 11:27 PM
so will the directivo remote wok on an SA tivo without a script?

does the directivo remote do the pause-tivo remote code switch feature?

I'm trying to dtermine if it's worthwhile to get a directivo remote to control multiple SA units.

Thanks.

BTW: I did search and could not find direct answers to these questions.