PDA

View Full Version : DSR Power supply question

comer
08-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi All,

I wonder if "switching the board" method will help in my situation. I notice here that some problems with PS can not be resolved this way.
The simptoms are: fan is turning, everything else is dead incuding HDD not spinning, though little green led on the bottom of it lights up. No picture or sound.

Thanks,
comer
====

GREEK
08-19-2003, 02:20 AM
you gotta listem for the clicking noise with the cover off. You should be able to hear it no problem. Usually the clicking means no luck with the swap. No click is usually always the switch board.....

poppagene
08-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21814

you may find that setting the bootparms to runideturbo=false will get things working for you.

jodell
08-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Have you already verified the connections on the flat "ribbon cables" between the power supply and the motherboard as well as the front panel and motherboard? I had problems quite similar to yours and I resolved it by re-seating the ribbon cables.

Good luck,
Jeff

jodell
08-24-2003, 04:18 PM
It took over 12 hours to remember the manufacturer's name of the "ribbon cable". I believe that it is labeled Panaflex. It is a thin white cable that attached the motherboard to the power supply and front panel.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

setter
09-13-2003, 01:43 PM
I know for a fact that my powering up loop problem involves reseating or setting of this white cable from power supply to motherboard, as after jiggling it the problem went away for a while.

However, I do not how how to pry it off or back on. Can someone help me here as I don't want to do irreparable damage.

Thanks

nitrous
09-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey guys,
Try gently removing the ribbon from both the MB and the PS.
After you have it out clean both ends with a rubber eraser. If you can, carefully flatten out the ends so that the connector indentations are less visible/pronounced.

This should help with the flaky ribbon connection. It's worked 3 or four times with units that behaved that way.

n|trous